Desktop monitor in car

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Desktop monitor in car

im curious if this is possible im tryin to figure out what all i can run looking for a monitor anywhere from 12 to 15 inches with a good res. so would it work with a desktop pc monitor? thansk in advane

there goes your touch screen capibilty...

Comment

you can still add a touchscreen just go to www.digitalww.com they sell 15" and 17" touchscreens to add to regular desktop lcd monitors
      Carputer: 2.8Ghz P4, 512 RAM, 120gb HDD, WIFI, TV tuner, CDRW/DVDROM, Slot load DVD in front.
      Screen: Lilliput 7" touchscreen (Custom made Carbon Fiber Screen Enclosure)
      S2000 Carputer

Comment

nice.. i did not know .

Comment

better have a hell of a Dc-Dc psu.....i have something on the smaller side for sale (see sig), 12".....i think that unless you are going to be "working" on your carpc there is a curve of utility vs. practicality and 12" is right about as perfect as it gets...above that becomes sort of ridiculous...IMHO
          Cheap Laptop, great for Carputer!

Comment

this aint so much for a pc as it is for dvd/videogames really wont have room for a pc in my truck so i was just wondering what all i could get in the ways of resolution figured it was possible to get more out of a desktop pc.

Comment

you will need to remove the windshield too, that just gets in the way of the monitor
              .//Daren
              (Epia M10000/C134) (C137/MII 10000) Liliput /Opus 150W/DVD/512MB/80GB/Hummer H1
              MediaCar/CoPilot7/Routis

Comment

hah but yea thats not how i meant it the inside of my console will be holdin 2 12" RE XXX subs so itll all be used up for airspace then my amps are all mounted under my rear seat so there would be no place to actually mount the computer hardware

Comment

Here is a friend's GM with just a NEC monitor, touch pad sits on console, laptop and GPS under rear seat. Takes it out to use at home. They park next to a starbucks and work from the road quite a bit as they travel the USA.

Just screwed some brackets to the dash, and velcros the LCD to the brackets.
                  I am a newbie trying to outfit a couple cars with new custom consoles and mini ITX. Click here for my 2003 Chevy Avalanche project.

Comment

14 Tft Lcd

Circuit City has a 14 Proview 456 TFT LCD for 180 bucks. Just put one in the car. Looks great.

Runs very good with the epia.

Luis
                    Epia M1000, two 80 GB Hard Drives, Lilliput 7" TS, 512 MB DDR, 300 Watt Power Inverter with Relay, Wireless USB Adapter. Routis 2004, Copilot 2003, Rayming TN-200 USB GPS in a 1999 Isuzu Rodeo

Comment

I can remember a couple years back while out at CES, I saw a Mustang with an ELO touchscreen monitor screwed to the dash... I hadn't seen a carputer at that point and I couldn't help but laugh at the way it was just screwed to the dash with a board and some backstrap! lol Well, turned out it was a rep of our company who was stationed in AZ somewhere... anyway, if you want something that big... GREAT! I actually have a 12.1" monitor with touchscreen sitting here... it is a raw monitor though, no pretty plastic case or shroud... I haven't messed with it much and have never seen the touchscreen actually work... but was told it worked when I bought it off of eBay... anyway, if you or anyone is interested in it, lemme know. I would let it go for $100+shipping... I paid around $150+shipping... could just use the money for other stuff... OR I'd consider trade as well... I can be reached via email at [email protected] . TTYL!

Coach... aka Randy!
                      Coach... aka Randy! (I often forget who I really am!) ;)

***Too many pieces and parts to list... maybe someday I'll show'm to ya!***

Comment

Some LCD monitors use a 'wall wart' for power...those would be the best to use IMHO
                        current projects

Comment

Originally posted by DodgeCummins
                          Some LCD monitors use a 'wall wart' for power...those would be the best to use IMHO
                          What is a "wall wart"? The one I mentioned above is from "Mass Multimedia Inc" and has a wall transformer that outputs 12V at 1000ma (1A)... I think it is XGA from what I recall and when hooked up to a Bold Data miniPC, it had great resolution. I had played with the touchscreen softwares but not enough to get it working... now that I have gotten my Datalux to work, I think I probably needed to just adjust the baud rate but hadn't done it before... anyway... is that transformer what you refer to as a "wall wart"?

TTYL!

Coach!
                          Coach... aka Randy! (I often forget who I really am!) ;)

***Too many pieces and parts to list... maybe someday I'll show'm to ya!***

Comment

LCD Monitors and Heat

Do these monitors for the home in a car get damaged due to heat when the car is parked on a hot sunny day?

Thanks

Lucho
                            Epia M1000, two 80 GB Hard Drives, Lilliput 7" TS, 512 MB DDR, 300 Watt Power Inverter with Relay, Wireless USB Adapter. Routis 2004, Copilot 2003, Rayming TN-200 USB GPS in a 1999 Isuzu Rodeo

Comment

A wall wart is a transformer based PSU built into the plug that goes in the wall.

Comment

Working...
                              X