No announcement yet.

Confused about controllers

  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Confused about controllers

    Hello. So for a while i have been looking around this forum trying to understand this ideea of connecting laptop LCDs to regular computers. There is just one thing i am very confused about. What exactley is this LCD controller? What is the exact name for this hardware? From what i read this is not the regular DVI port that newer vid card have. So if its not the regular DVI what am i looking for?

  • #2
    its the board that's inside a desktop monitor. that converts ether VGA or DVI to the sepshal singlal power to light up the screen.

    its not a internal thing on video cards. unless you get a freaky single board computer. sometimes tho's have it

    but no ATI or nvidia card will have that kind of option. its a board to power your LCD
    Pete Kastner


    • #3
      Check the FAQ in the newbie section, it goes into detail about it there.


      • #4
        Have you had any luck finding info about controllers for a laptop LCD. I'm also trying to find some basic guidelines for controllers and inverters.