Lilliput buttons relocated

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lilliput buttons relocated

Ok guys, im working out the final bugs before i buy all the parts, and i thing i noticed is that my dash is double din sized, which it only 4" up and down. Which means I can only fit the screen in the dash, but i have space on the left and right size for the buttons. Is it simple (or even posible) to relocate the buttons to the left or right side without alot of modding?
    CarPC Status:
    [||..........] 12%: Planning

Have:
    • IRman • PS2 Remote • USB 2.0 Powered Hub • Backup HD

Coming Soon:
    • Aopen Pandora • Celeron M 1.4 CPU • 256/512 DDR2 So-DIMM RAM • Lilliput 7" Touchscreen VGA • Car Power Supply (M/Opus)

IIRC, the ribbon cable isn't quite long enough to move the buttons to the side. If you can find a longer ribbon, that might be the easiest solution. The other choices is to make up your own ribbon and/or extend the buttons with wires. Truthfully, you can do without the buttons.

What I did was move the buttons to the back side of the screen (i.e. I cannot use them). I unsoldered the IR receiver and soldered a 2 pin connector in it's place. I then created a short cable (about 12 inches) and connector and attached the IR receiver. This lets me position the IR receiver in a convenient place so that I can use the remote to control the screen features, when/if needed.
    2004 4runner

Comment

Thanks for the advice. I hope I dont end up blowing something up when i take it apart though
      CarPC Status:
      [||..........] 12%: Planning

Have:
      • IRman • PS2 Remote • USB 2.0 Powered Hub • Backup HD

Coming Soon:
      • Aopen Pandora • Celeron M 1.4 CPU • 256/512 DDR2 So-DIMM RAM • Lilliput 7" Touchscreen VGA • Car Power Supply (M/Opus)

Comment

Working...
      X