BMW original Monitor aux interface

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BMW original Monitor aux interface

Hi, I have a BMW 2003 320 touring with Nav. and 16/9 monitor , would like to add a "carputer."
    According to you what the best way is for using the monitor bmw (I don't have the sint. Tv).
    I have seen in this site that exists an interface to have a connection in Composit (rca).
    Will The resolution be enough? Is not possible to have a vga connection?
    I would like a touchscreen but I would not know whether to put it and I am not able certain to throw away my monitor!!
    Please can you help me!

The converters provided on the site that you have provided look like normal VGA or RGB to RCA converters. Instead of purchasing the adapter you may want to try and figure out the pinout of your monitor and see if can do something similar to PSOne mod. I don't remember for sure but I think that system that BMW uses is one of the three Apline, Pioneer or Clarion. Unless someone can post exact one I will check tomorrow at the shop. You might be able to go from there.
    Never be afraid to do something yourself. Remember - amateur built the Ark, professionals built the Titanic.

Comment

I thank you for the answer.
      I have read on this forum this
      I would like to know how he does.
      Tsingsu are you still there? Please help us!!

Comment

Best way, don't tuch in you car nothing

BMW the best car for additional devices. I-Bus, used in BMW, easy to communicate with computer, that's mean, you use standart options from stiring will buttons or screen panel to manage you CarPC. For video input, use "plug and play" device from Dietz or another one.

On Yahoo group, if interesting, try carX project.
        link

In same group you found how work/makes I-bus interface, where and how you make video connection and aux input.

With regards,

Rudy Z

Comment

Thank you for the suggestion...I see CarX, it's very interesting.
          Do you know if it's necessary the original Module-Tv? (i don't have it...(800 €)or is enough the interface of Dietz ?(360€)

Comment

Originally posted by Abel
            Thank you for the suggestion...I see CarX, it's very interesting.
            Do you know if it's necessary the original Module-Tv? (i don't have it...(800 €)or is enough the interface of Dietz ?(360€)
            This is CarX home page:
            http://www.creative-nightshifts.com/carx.htm

BMW original tv tuner have different price Approximately US $329.75
            http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...e=STRK:MEWA:IT

max price 750$ with harness

try contact with seller

Comment

Working...
            X