Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Honda Jazz (Honda Fit), help!?

Hi,

I am about to install a Lilliput 7" Touchscreen into my Honda Jazz.

Has anyone done this yet? I have no idea where I am going to mount it. The only thing I can think of (that still allows people sitting in the back seats to view the screen), is to use the mounting bracket that came with the screen and screw it over the original indash cd player. Its a pain in the butt because the original CD player isn't a standard DIN one, its built into the dash.

Would be interested in some ideas. Will get some photos if needed.

Thanks!

pictures would be nice:-) never heard of a Honda Jazz though in the states. currently driving with a Honda Civic with an indash foldout 7" lilliput screen.
    "If it works this good why F with it?" -KMFDM "Intro"

Strive for ethical wardriving: http://faq.wardrive.net/

My CarCPUs: v1 - 2000 | v2 - 2004
    Mp3Car Meets: http://detrimental.org/eyecandy/MP3CarMeets

Comment

http://heraldsun.news.com.au/carsguide/jazz_inside.jpg
      I think that link is a honda jazz, i just did a google search for images.
      CarComputer Status: New Car & Broken (Motherboard Fried)
      Owen JH | My Linux Blog | The Tech Fellows

Comment

Originally posted by kandyman676
        pictures would be nice:-) never heard of a Honda Jazz though in the states. currently driving with a Honda Civic with an indash foldout 7" lilliput screen.
        think Honda Civic Si with 4 doors.
        2007 Honda Fit Sport 1.5L SOHC-VTEC

Comment

ouch that dash looks horrible to work with. another option maybe to mount the screen above the vents and run the wires thru the vent holes.

Comment

go to a boneyard and grab the roof-mount housing for an lcd and hack it up
            or just custom fabricate your own out of plexiglass, might take a bit of work though.

Comment

Very hard

CarPC status: iPod, 3,456,217 songs so **** you

Comment

Yeah thats the one. Very bad dash to work with.

I had a play with it last night, and it looks like the best way is to mount the panel using the supplied bracket (lilliput) over the top of the original CD player, so the top of the panel sits just below the vents.

Only other option is to mount it underneath the aircon controls, but then its not in a great spot for watching movies etc, especially for passengers.

Comment

other option would be to replace the radio with a fold out LCD, and then rely on your computer as the radio head unit with an amp in the back. would be the cleanest way to set it up.
                  "If it works this good why F with it?" -KMFDM "Intro"

Strive for ethical wardriving: http://faq.wardrive.net/

My CarCPUs: v1 - 2000 | v2 - 2004
                  Mp3Car Meets: http://detrimental.org/eyecandy/MP3CarMeets

Comment

You can convert the integrated head unit into a standard double DIN with a kit from Japan. The Japanese domestic market fit (Jazz) is not sold with an integrated head unit.

This is what we all do in Australia in order to fit aftermarket head units. You can't play CDRs or MP3s on the factory head unit.

Alpine built a Honda Jazz up as a demo car in 2003 using the same kit.
                    Attached Files

Comment

Any idea where to get one of those double-DIN kits? I've got a brand new alpine headunit that I want to hook up into my planned new Fit, and if I can figure out the piping/wiring, I'd like to hook up some engine gauges as well.

Comment

Originally posted by vividjazz
                        You can convert the integrated head unit into a standard double DIN with a kit from Japan. The Japanese domestic market fit (Jazz) is not sold with an integrated head unit.

This is what we all do in Australia in order to fit aftermarket head units. You can't play CDRs or MP3s on the factory head unit.

Alpine built a Honda Jazz up as a demo car in 2003 using the same kit.
                        Can anyone advise where this (or a single DIN fascia) can be obtained from? I'm in the UK & can't find anything. I would also be grateful for any assistance with removing the existing radio/fascia.
                        Attached Files

Comment

i have an 06 civic si. The dash was easy to work with since the car has a nav system you can get from the factory. go into the honda dealership, goto the service/parts counter and order the dash for the nav model thru them. it was only like 50 USD from honda.
                          MII12000 | 512MB PC3200 | 60GB 2.5" Samsung
                          M2-ATX 160W PS | SlotLoad DVD/CDRW | BU353 GPS
                          7" Lilliput 619 | WinTV | WIFI | Bluetooth
                          Audigy2 ZS | HQCT | Kyocera KR1 Mobile Router(3G)
                          Roadrunner | LSXvoid | IGuidance 3

My Worklog

Comment

Working...
                          X