Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

some questions

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • some questions

    I am very good at home PC's (i've built 4 to date p2,p3,athalon and p4) I have questions about some things.
    I assume that PSU stands for power supply unit?
    The opus power supply what is the advantage over a normal 350 watt powersupply that you get from the comp. shop?
    Is lilliput the Infinity of vga screens? or are there alternatives?
    Also is it necessary to run a specialized desktop or can winXP suffice?
    How about the m10000 motherboard is it a must have or is it good due to the intergrated components?(i remember when intergrated components were mem. hungry)
    Thanks for any advise to my lame questions. I have been reading this site for 2 days now and I am flabbergasted at the things you guys are doing, I mean this stuff is way better than having a indash dvd setup. A pc in a car that is awesome, I've already traded funds from my turbo swap to a carpc setup.

  • #2
    Originally posted by Redmachine
    The opus power supply what is the advantage over a normal 350 watt powersupply that you get from the comp. shop?
    I'll give you this one for free, but all of these can be found via el

    It works in your car

    The OPUS has automatic startup and shutdown w/ ignition, runs off of 12v DC, won't let your computer kill your battery when the cars off and it survives crank.
    StreetDeck.com Developer (I am Chuck)
    Get StreetDeck at http://www.streetdeck.com
    The Official StreetDeck Forums have moved, please visit us at http://www.streetdeck.com/forum for official support for Streetdeck.

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by Redmachine
      I am very good at home PC's (i've built 4 to date p2,p3,athalon and p4) I have questions about some things.
      I assume that PSU stands for power supply unit?
      Yes.

      The opus power supply what is the advantage over a normal 350 watt powersupply that you get from the comp. shop?
      God_ofCPU said it. It's a true DC-DC PSU. Your other alternative is to use a regular PSU into an inverter. It's inefficient, but some people swear by them.

      Is lilliput the Infinity of vga screens? or are there alternatives?
      Actually, from what I read, the Lilliput is hit-or-miss in the quality dept. Some people have gotten crap units. At least that's what I see.
      The users that have woprking units tend to be happy.
      There's a 7" Xenarc that's comparable to the Lilliput as well. There have been fewer complaints about quality witht he Xenarc.
      That's only my pseronal observation, mind you.

      Also is it necessary to run a specialized desktop or can winXP suffice?
      XP is fine.

      How about the m10000 motherboard is it a must have or is it good due to the intergrated components?(i remember when intergrated components were mem. hungry)
      They still are.
      The M10000 is a small motherboard with low power consumption, which makes it perfect for an automotive application.

      I'm going with an AthlonXP Mobile-based Shuttle unit for more oooomph. I rather like my 3D visualizations, thank you very much.


      Thanks for any advise to my lame questions. I have been reading this site for 2 days now and I am flabbergasted at the things you guys are doing, I mean this stuff is way better than having a indash dvd setup. A pc in a car that is awesome, I've already traded funds from my turbo swap to a carpc setup.
      When i stumbled across these forums, I was the same way. It was just mind-blowing. But it's inspired my own project.
      Sadly, it's on semi-hiatus until my finances settle after my move....
      Have you looked in the FAQ yet?
      How about the Wiki?



      Under normal circumstances, a signature would go here.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by DarquePervert
        Actually, from what I read, the Lilliput is hit-or-miss in the quality dept. Some people have gotten crap units. At least that's what I see.
        The users that have woprking units tend to be happy.
        There's a 7" Xenarc that's comparable to the Lilliput as well. There have been fewer complaints about quality witht he Xenarc.
        That's only my pseronal observation, mind you.
        The Lilliput's work fine, the few people that have issues about them tend to be very vocal about their problems. There a lot more Lilliputís out there then Xernic screens so naturally there are going to be more complaints about them. Most people have never have problems.

        Comment

        Working...
        X