Power ???'s

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Power ???'s

I have been reading as much as I can about installing a computer into a car. However, I still have a few questions when it comes to powering everything.

And I know what you guys are thinking " the OPUS will solve all your power problems."

How easy is the wiring of the OPUS to the ignition switch, will I have to slice wires and stuff?

Will I be required to do any additional wiring for the LCD/Display? It's not plug/play?

Does any one has any links to some really good picture tutorials?
    `
    ,,`,,
    ,,`,,
    ``,,`,,` `
    ,,`,,
    ,,`,,
    `
    `

Does any one has any links to some really good picture tutorials?
    Amen to that, if anyone has one put the link up

Comment

Opus is very easy to wireup. What you will need to do is find a way to get the wire from the engine compartment to the opus...That's your main problem.

Wiring to ignition can be done with the fusebox if you don't feel like splicing cables or removing dash and stuff to look for the wire, testing the wire, and etc.. That's what I did for my opus.

If your screen doesn't come with a cig. plug. Just go to a store and buy 1. Make sure the voltage and amperage and what ever electricity is the same...u don't want to mess up your screen you know. Then, that will be plug and play.

If you know how to install computers, it's pretty much the same for a carputer.

Comment

Opus just needs a power, ground and an ignition on connections. If you don't know where to find that on your car then just ask an audio shop. It's very easy stuff.

some:
        -ground: usually there are "dedicated" ground locations on your car that are prewired. and always any bare metal spot on your chassis is a ground point.
        -12v+: you would need a testlight or multimeter to check this. Usually the cig-lighter plug and certain fuses. Sometimes there are spots under the steering column.
        -ignition on: radio harness is one spot, and again a bunch of fuses.
        Mine needs to be updated.

Comment

Working...
        X