Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help... question about trim kit

Hey,

I am planning on putting one of these mp3 servers into my car. I am planning on emptying out the head unit of an old car stereo, and making everything in there. My car's factory stereo is double than the standard size (dual din I believe it is called?). I can easily get a trim kit for one head unit that is single din, but do they make trim kits where you can fit 2 head units into it?

Here is what I want to do:
    Install a normal head unit with am/fm/cd capabilities, and hook the computer up to this via the cd changer jacks. I want to have the head unit and the computer stacked on top of each other, nicely stored away in my dashboard. Where can I get a trim kit that allows for both headunits?

Thanks,
    Jeff

Sounds like a custem fabrication to me.
    Every day driver, 1989 Celica. Probly won't get a carpc for a while

Working on: 1972 240z. Gonna put a V8 and a Turion in it. Best power in bothworlds. Now if only I could get my theoretical boot as low as my theroretical 1/4 mile time (8.22 s)

Comment

how do I go about that?

I am a total newbie to this, and I have no idea where to begin going about this kind of thing. I want it to look nice and professional. Any links you can give me to help out?

Thanks again.

Comment

Did you check your local audio shops? I know they sell replacement single din pockets when you don't have any brackets to put in a din sleeve. Also you didn't state which car you have.

Something like this?
        Mine needs to be updated.

Comment

Now you're just showing off

No, I haven't. I don't even know what I am asking for. It is a 2001 Chevy Malibu. I haven't done any modifications to it yet, I just got it.

Thanks Again,
          Jeff

Comment

Working...
          X