Opus p/s question.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Opus p/s question.

If I want to use an OPUS 150W p/s in my carputer PC (Mini-ATX case), do I replace my current Mini-ATX case p/s with the OPUS 150W p/s?
    Thanks. Okay. Bye.

Yes.
    EPoX mATX SocketA w/onboard Geforce4MX / 512MB PC2700 / AthlonXP 1600
    Lilliput / DVDrom / Opus 150W / WD 3.5" 160GB / SB Audigy NX
    XP home / Road Runner / iGuidance 4.0

Comment

sweetness, thanks.
      Thanks. Okay. Bye.

Comment

uh oh.. another question here...

I have a Mini-ATX case with an EPIA-VIA M10k motherboard and I need to know whats the difference between the:

OPUS 150 watt DC-DC power Supply

and the

OPUS 150 watt DC-DC Power Supply for Shuttle PC's.

Which one do I get for my setup? Thanks.
        Thanks. Okay. Bye.

Comment

I would have thought it obvious, the shuttle version is designed specifically to fit into Shuttle cases. Other than that it's the same PSU.
          Audi S8 supercar
          Modded Xbox 400GB HD
          Rear 7" screen & navplus

Toyota Hiace Van
          Shuttle PIII 866 256Mb 10GB OPUS powered
          MediaCar & Mappoint 2004
          Custom fit 7" TFT VGA TSK

Comment

So...... the Shuttle one is the PSU better suited for the Mini-ITX, I'm guessing?

The reason why I'm asking this stupid question is because I'm kinda gettting confused here. I know of a PC case called the Shuttle and I'm not sure if the 'OPUS 150 watt DC-DC Power Supply for Shuttle PC's' is made for Shuttle PCs (ie: a carputer) or Shuttle PCs (the brand name PC).

Shuckz, I just confused myself now..
            Thanks. Okay. Bye.

Comment

Originally posted by Jimbuh10
              So...... the Shuttle one is the PSU better suited for the Mini-ITX, I'm guessing?

The reason why I'm asking this stupid question is because I'm kinda gettting confused here. I know of a PC case called the Shuttle and I'm not sure if the 'OPUS 150 watt DC-DC Power Supply for Shuttle PC's' is made for Shuttle PCs (ie: a carputer) or Shuttle PCs (the brand name PC).

Shuckz, I just confused myself now..
              No, like craigyb said, the Shuttle one fits the SHUTTLE (the brand name PC) case. It comes with a different mounting bracket or something.

What you on about here?? 'made for Shuttle PCs (ie: a carputer) '
              Laidback

The ultimate CarPC - Wow!

Comment

Okay.... so... I'm..... guess...ing... i should... get... the.... OPUS 150 watt DC-DC Power Supply..... NOT.... for.... Shuttle.... PC's....?

Thanks. Okay. Bye.

Comment

Thats pretty much what they are trying to say....either one will work, but the Shuttle one is specifically for the little Shuttle cube shaped PC's so it will have a different case or mount of some sort. The electronics are identical, so whatever will fit better for your application. Which Mini-itx case do you have? is it a cube case? If it is, then the Shuttle style may work better for you. Here is a pic of the "Shuttle" style

2005 Ford Focus ST

Comment

Originally posted by Laidback
                    What you on about here?? 'made for Shuttle PCs (ie: a carputer) '
                    let me clarify my crazy mindedness. When i saw the product OPUS 150 watt DC-DC Power Supply for Shuttle PC's, I thought in my head "a 150 watt power supply for Shuttle PCs!" and when I saw the word SHUTTLE PC, I thought in my head "A shuttle PC is a PC that is small and is portable! (aka, a Carputer/CarPC)." then I thought "Hm, but they could mean the Shuttle X Computer (the little boxy one)." So I got confused and posted this damned question up and now I made a fool of myself. Woopdeedoo. But now I understand and thanks again. Please excuse my dumbness i am still a nub in training.
                    Thanks. Okay. Bye.

Comment

it looks like this one except silver colored. blah
                      Thanks. Okay. Bye.

Comment

Yea, at that point, i dont think either one will be a direct fit, so go with the cheapest or the one that is in stock. You wont really be gaining any ground with the Shuttle style.

Good luck with your project! ------Jeff
                        2005 Ford Focus ST

Comment

Working...
                        X