Carputer SQ questions...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Carputer SQ questions...

Not really a newbie to the carPC world, but I have a few questions that will probably be easily answered by others...

I listen to a LOT of music. I never listen to the radio, but rather CDs or ripped CDs on my harddrive in .ape format- not .mp3 for quality reasons. Anyway, if I wanted to eliminate my headunit altogether and run my sound from the PC soundcard, what would be the best way to go? I know the Audigy 2 is a great card, but are there any others comparable/better for car use? Also, would I need anything else, hardware wise, such as a sound processor or would that be overkill? Thanks for any help.

/tweek

You'll definitely need at least one amplifier. I'd go with just a good 4 channel amp for now (unless you've already got subs in the car). Brands I'd look at are Orion and Phoenix Gold. I'm sure someone else will be more than happy to recommend their favorite.

Comment

I did a lot of reading earlier. Found a lot on the debate between internal and external decoders and signal processors. As for amplifiers, that is a given. It will take a while to get everything I want, due to a tight budget, but I guess that's half the fun.

/tweek

Comment

I you will use analog output the u will nedd line drivers!!
        If you'll use the optical output, you will either need a D/A converter or a processor (ie Alpine PXA-H700 or H900)!!!

Comment

Working...
        X