Voltage Gauge?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Voltage Gauge?

I am planning a CarPC and wondering if there would be a way to monitor voltage at different points using some sort of software and hardware and where to find it.. What I will be wanting is to monitor voltage at 2 different batteries as well as Alternator Output voltage.. Is possible to do? Thanks for all the help!

Pc scope would might do the trick for you, but it is expensive.
    M10000,256 DDR,80 Gb, PCI TV/Radio, D-Link Radio, PCI Audigy 2, Opus 150W, BU-301, Bluetooth, Wifi, Lilliput 7" Touch, Ifree RF Keyborad, USB 2.0 HUB, 2 Amps 600w 4 ch - 620w 2 ch, 6*9" 4-way(rear), 12" Alpine (Sub), 4" 3 way(front), center missing.

Comment

I wonder if OBD-II can register the voltages?????
      Carputer currently 'ghettoed' into car!!!

EPIA MII-12000
      Ampie Case with rigged extra USB
      Hitachi 60GB
      Holux GPS mouse with iGuidance 2.0
      Lilliput 7" touchscreen
      Netgear WG121 USB WiFi
      Carnetix P1260

Comment

It will be going in a 93 Ranger so I dont think obdII will work since I dont believe the Ranger has OBDII.. Already thought about that

Comment

Radio Shack was closing out a multi-meter with serial output for dirt cheap a couple years ago, you might check eBay.
          Chrysler 300 - Fabricating
          http://hallert.net/

Comment

have a radio shack digital mm in my hand right now . the catalog # is 22-805
            happy hunting

Comment

They have a new one listed for $70

PC Interface 46-Range Digital Multimeter

$69.99 Brand: RadioShack
              Catalog #: 22-812 Model: 22-812

http://www.radioshack.com/product.as...%5Fid=22%2D812

Comment

You're looking for an A/D converter. You can find PICs these days that have several on board. You'll might have to make up a suitable analog scaling section to interface with car voltages but beyond that it should be fairly smooth sailing.
                2004 4runner

Comment

Great thanks for the help guys! I am going to go take a look at these things and see if I can figure something out.. Thanks again!

Comment

OBD-II does tell you the voltage of your battery. Autoenginuity (the one I use) shows the voltage live - you see a difference when the alternator is running vs. car off with pc on. 13v+ vs. 11-12v...

Comment

Working...
                    X