Journey experience

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Journey experience

I just finished a journey using the carputer for about 4400 miles. Everything seemed to function properly. The installation is still superghettoed in that I am using an inverter for the power. First, I used iGuidance, and there are quite a few ideosyncracies with this program, other than it is a great navigator. First, when you want to plan a route, it seems that it does not select the 'fastest'. I was driving from Colorado Springs to home (about 1150 miles) and it planned a weird route through mountain highways. The normal route that I used (I-25 to I-40) did not show it always wanted me to exit the I-25 and use the skinny winding mountain roads. Other than that, iGuidance performed admirably.
    Carputer currently 'ghettoed' into car!!!

EPIA MII-12000
    Ampie Case with rigged extra USB
    Hitachi 60GB
    Holux GPS mouse with iGuidance 2.0
    Lilliput 7" touchscreen
    Netgear WG121 USB WiFi
    Carnetix P1260

hmmm..and you sure it is in FASTEST mode? and maybe the roads are faster through the mountain...do you personally know it is slower?
    DICE Los Angeles
    ]

Comment

Yes, it is in FASTEST MODE, and when I drove yesterday, it showed an ETA of 8am. After ignoring multiple requests to drive through these mountain roads, it FINALLY rerouted me to I25-I40 and lo and behold I got an ETA of 6:15am!!! It must be not SHORTEST time but LONGEST TIME
      Carputer currently 'ghettoed' into car!!!

EPIA MII-12000
      Ampie Case with rigged extra USB
      Hitachi 60GB
      Holux GPS mouse with iGuidance 2.0
      Lilliput 7" touchscreen
      Netgear WG121 USB WiFi
      Carnetix P1260

Comment

Working...
      X