good input/display option?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• good input/display option?

I'm copying and pasting this from the input forum where I got no response...

I saw this in the FAQ sticky [in the input forum].

http://www.earthlcd.com/serial_lcd_terminal.htm

I would like to use this to run my Celeron 633mhz PC. I plan to use the system only for MP3's and I would like to display MP3 info on this screen and control it with the buttons mounted on the sides. It supposedly has a IR receiver AND antenna?? I'm not really concerned with the wireless capability; wired would work great for me.
    Am I on the right track here? If this LCD/keyboard combo can display/control my system, I want to order it and begin figuring out how to make it work.
    Any good sites about the general steps involved in using serial?? display/control devices? I know very little about this stuff but I want to learn.

Thanks

At the very least, I hope I can get the LCD display to work. I'm considering this LCD and keyboard combo because I could probably make good use of it when I do a complete M10000 and LCD touchscreen system in the future.
    My first carPC!
    MP3/CD player
    Celeron 633MHz - 10GB Seagate - 64MB PC100 - Win XP

Soon to actually find its way into the car!

I presume this will work over a serial interface. If it does, then that should be pretty simple, there are lots of plugins for Winamp which allow you to use a serial LCD and serial controlled buttons

I would try and see if you can get some kind of datasheet for it, to see how the keyboard/buttons and LCD work

Garry
    Co-Developer of A.I.M.E.E
    www.aimee.cc

Comment

Thank you, confused
      Ive found some more info, mostly about the integrated LCD, but for the price, I'd be happy with just a working LCD. I am finding some sites explaining serial LCD, but I havent seen anything about serial input.
      I plan to order the combo soon. Thanks again!
      My first carPC!
      MP3/CD player
      Celeron 633MHz - 10GB Seagate - 64MB PC100 - Win XP

Soon to actually find its way into the car!

Comment

Working...
      X