Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Phase 3 of my Carputer install

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Phase 3 of my Carputer install

    Well, finally got brave enough to try integrating my Lilliput into the dash. This is only the 1st sanding before adding body filler:



    Bezel test fit in the car:



    Relocated my Alpine where a 6 disc cd-changer would go. The bezel for it is in the beginning stage:



    Here is the beast it's all riding in:



    As usual, let me know your opinions suggestions.

  • #2
    Beautiful car. I'm doing the same thing in my Neon. I've pretty much got the bezel done and the screen is test fitted. I didn't quite go the route you did because I wanted to be able to pop the screen out when needed...here are some pics. I have to touch it up still. I believe our consoles are exactly the same too (SRT4 and Neon)...I'm putting my computer in the center console where the arm rest is.
    Attached Files

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by gambit32
      Beautiful car. I'm doing the same thing in my Neon. I've pretty much got the bezel done and the screen is test fitted. I didn't quite go the route you did because I wanted to be able to pop the screen out when needed...here are some pics. I have to touch it up still. I believe our consoles are exactly the same too (SRT4 and Neon)...I'm putting my computer in the center console where the arm rest is.
      A fellow Neonite! Yes the center dash and console is identical. I take it your neon is red and you're not using a head unit. I thought about putting my pc in the console too, but will probably have to put my turbo toys switches there now. Will post more pics later.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by m_dunnie
        A fellow Neonite! Yes the center dash and console is identical. I take it your neon is red and you're not using a head unit. I thought about putting my pc in the console too, but will probably have to put my turbo toys switches there now. Will post more pics later.
        Actually I am using a head unit. I'm in the process of building a console for it and my DVD rom. It's going just below where the radio bezel is and right in front of ths shifter. I have the basic form done and I'm going to try to finish the console tomorrow. I'll be posting my pics soon too.

        Comment


        • #5
          Just throwing in a few pics of the finished and installed console bezel with now integrated monitor.

          Enjoy
          Dunnie
          Attached Files

          Comment


          • #6
            nice install, looks really good
            肚子笑痛了
            S60 Install

            Comment


            • #7
              in ur first pic u said before addin a body fill what is that white stuff that u used on ur desh than coz i am trying to do somethign simmilar to that
              just got no balls yet to do it need to be sicked up more lol
              [|||||-----] 95% complete

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by LanoX
                in ur first pic u said before addin a body fill what is that white stuff that u used on ur desh than coz i am trying to do somethign simmilar to that
                just got no balls yet to do it need to be sicked up more lol
                That would be the bondo filler with fiberglass hair premixed in it. It has a green/white color after sanding.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by m_dunnie
                  That would be the bondo filler with fiberglass hair premixed in it. It has a green/white color after sanding.
                  Ahh, that would be equivelent of what we can get as "P40" here in the UK

                  You can use either that, or go direct to body filler (P38) as I have


                  Garry
                  Co-Developer of A.I.M.E.E
                  www.aimee.cc

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Very nice bezel. One of the better finished products I have seen.
                    2000 Subaru OBS

                    Dell P3 @ 900 Mhz
                    7" Lilliput TS w/DigitalWW in-dash mount
                    80GB External HD

                    I am Zero Bitrate....

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by m_dunnie
                      Just throwing in a few pics of the finished and installed console bezel with now integrated monitor.

                      Enjoy
                      Dunnie
                      Wow...I can only hope mine looks that good (it doesn't.lol). I had the same idea for relocating my HU but instead I built another console that's going to cover the two cup holders and house my HU, DVD rom, and carputer.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        nice fabricating, nice guages, nice car, and nice garage (if I had a garage, my setup would be so much nicer)
                        --------
                        mykolJay
                        99 Accord coupe
                        http://www.geocities.com/accordpc
                        My Project Thread on mp3car.com

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by gambit32
                          Wow...I can only hope mine looks that good (it doesn't.lol). I had the same idea for relocating my HU but instead I built another console that's going to cover the two cup holders and house my HU, DVD rom, and carputer.
                          That's one of my next projects. I need a place to mount my Mopar Stage 3 Turbo Toys.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            that's one clean install!!! wanna do that for mine?! haha i got a 2004 neon r/t
                            same style center console

                            what kinda paint are you using to match the paint that was on the original bezel??

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by xroadrashx
                              that's one clean install!!! wanna do that for mine?! haha i got a 2004 neon r/t
                              same style center console

                              what kinda paint are you using to match the paint that was on the original bezel??
                              I didn't use the original color. I had a body shop handle the painting, so they could match it to the guage cluster and my boost/oil pressure/Air Fuel Ratio guages.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X