Touchscreen in place of original BCscreen

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Touchscreen in place of original BCscreen

This is how it looks with the screen from the bordcomputer.
    I would like to change it and put a touchscreen in the place.
    Do I need any kind of switch to display carputer / bordcompter,
    because I need to keep the function of the BC.

See attached pictures.
    Attached Files

Ahh Errrrm!!
    ok its like this firstly you may be really lucky here and that on board computer screen may just accept a standard type of signal, i.e a composite one therefore you could prehaps fit a lilliput in there and run both systems with a press of a button otherwise in the other case your unlucky and that screen doesnt accept a standard type of signal (i.e manafactures connection) and you will be forced to either lose the boardcomp or prehaps mount your touchscreen elsewhere, are you sure that the space is adaquete for a 7" screen? you can get smaller LCDs with TS but there not VGA
    Co Develper of A.I.M.E.E Automotive Intelligent Multimedia Entertainment Engine
    www.aimee.cc

Comment

Originally posted by Danceheaven
      Ahh Errrrm!!
      ok its like this firstly you may be really lucky here and that on board computer screen may just accept a standard type of signal, i.e a composite one therefore you could prehaps fit a lilliput in there and run both systems with a press of a button otherwise in the other case your unlucky and that screen doesnt accept a standard type of signal (i.e manafactures connection) and you will be forced to either lose the boardcomp or prehaps mount your touchscreen elsewhere, are you sure that the space is adaquete for a 7" screen? you can get smaller LCDs with TS but there not VGA
      Original (vga) with Nav: the screen size is 7", without NAV: the size is 5.8" (like on the photos from my first post in this topic)

Comment

Here was someone able to let his MP3/Winamp via laptop appear on that
        bc screen:
        Attached Files

Comment

Welcome, Primera. Another Belgian, I see...

Well, there's 2 options:

-find some input on the existing screen and send your computer's signal to it (most probably composite video, low quality or some proprietary rgb, which might be able to take a converted vga signal). You can always put a touchkit over the existing screen.

-find out what output your boardcomputer generates and check if you can take that in with a xenarc/lilliput. They only take vga and composite, so you'll have to get lucky OR convert your signal...

Joa
          List of front-ends/usefull apps
          XTroniC | XTroniC Direct

Comment

Working...
          X