Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• one simple question...

of course im new, first post...

i have been reading on here for about 2 days now, and I am still a little confused on the power supply thing...

i know just about everyone agrees that opus is the way to go, and from what i read i agree as well. the problem i am trying to figure out, since most are using the opus w/ a itx board, is will they work fine w/ an old atx board?? i built a desktop about 3 years ago, and now that i have my laptop it is just sitting, so i was wanting to use that, but I am not understanding what formats teh opus's will work w/and which wont??

i am guessing that someone can clear my mind in a few simple sentences...

thanks

opus will work fine with a atx board
    '98 Explorer Sport
    http://mp3car.zcentric.com (down atm)
    AMD 800mhz 192megs RAM 60gig hard drive 9 inch widescreen VGA
    80% done

Comment

thanks

i forgot to add the second half of my question, how do i tell which size i need??

Comment

Tell us what cpu and components and we can tell you which you need.

Ex: atx mobo w/ p4 1.7, 3.5" HDD, DVD & CDRW ..... <-- good one for the opus 150W
        ATX mobo w/ p3, 3.5" HDD, only DVD, small video card (voodoo) <-- good one for the opus 90W.
        If you didn't have fun when you were living, were you really alive?
        §
        {[§§§X-----------------]} 25% Complete (Plan Made, awaiting funds)

Comment

Full ATX I would say 150 watt should da you good. That's what I have.
          My Install Thread
          digitaljetta.com

MKIV VW Jetta
          How do I get sound to my car?

Comment

im not sure on the motherboard, but it is an amd 666 or somehting like that processor, nothing special, like i said, old...

im at work, i can check exacts tonight, unless you can tell by what i just supplied there...

Comment

I recommend to find out from Opus. There are some incompatibility issues with certain boards. like the micro-atx that they should have a fix for it.

Comment

so i can just call up opus and they will suggest the power supply to me?

Comment

yep but definitely do it when you know what components you have.
                  If you didn't have fun when you were living, were you really alive?
                  §
                  {[§§§X-----------------]} 25% Complete (Plan Made, awaiting funds)

Comment

thanks a lot everyone...

Comment

Working...
                    X