newbie help please!!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• newbie help please!!

i have an 02' acura tl-s with factory navi installed. i want to install a computer but I dont know if i can hook the computer up to my current screen. If not do you guys know where i could hook up a new screen. Can i remove factory one and place a bigger screen in same spot? ne help is appreciated srry i wrote alot

heres a pic http://img7.imgspot.com/?u=04/248/04/DSCF0015.JPG

Welcome to the forums.

Make the button your friend, get to know him, he will provide you with lots of information and help.

That being said you could have searched and you would have come up with a few results. From what I heard you can connect the computer to the video but you can't use the touchscreen. Here are a few links that might help you.

LINK 1
    LINK 2
    LINK 3
    Installed
    Asus A7N8X-VM - AMD Mobile Athlon 2400
    512 Ram - 60GB HD - Opus 150w
    Lilliput 7" - Rikaline 6010
    [00000000000001100010-] 98% Completed

Check Out My Install!!!

Comment

You could also use something THIS this to connect the carputer to your screen and still keep the functions of the stock system. I don't know what your spending limit is cause it's kinda expensive.
      Installed

Check Out My Install!!!

Comment

hmm i would get that converter but i dont see any instructions on installing that. If i were to install that would my touchscreen still work?

Comment

The touchscreen would still work with the stock navi, but I don't think it would work with the computer. There is no connection, such as usb, for the touchscreen with that converter its just for the video, but I may be wrong.
          Installed

Check Out My Install!!!

Comment

nebody have instructions on installing the converter?

thnks for ur help quattro

Comment

I don't have the instructions but I have a idea that you could use. If you wanted to use touchscreen for the computer, you could lay another touchscreen overlay on top of the one thats already there for the stock navi. I don't know how this would affect the orignal touchscreen or not.
              Installed

Check Out My Install!!!

Comment

how would i be able to put another screen over the stock screen? as in a flip-up screen. i dont know much about car electronics

Comment

go to DigitalWW they have touchscreen kits and there is also instructions on the bottom of the page on how to install them. Your installation will be a little different but you should get a good idea of what is involved.
                  Installed

Check Out My Install!!!

Comment

i think i might just prefer installing another screen without removing stock one but i dont know where to mount it. anyone have any creative ideas??

Comment

Working...
                    X