Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

can you use it, yes, would you be happy, no

Comment

I don't know about any of those, but I spent around $50 or $70 on mine, and it sounds great. However, I have heard many cheaper ones that sound horrible. Do yourself a favor and check your local car audio shop. At least you can tell how they sound there.
      www.bradleyjacobs.com

There is more stupidity than hydrogen in the universe, and it has a longer shelf life. -- Frank Zappa

Comment

Have a look first and see if you can get an AUX-IN adapter for your current car stereo. www.connects2.com make decent ones that work with a wide range of standard head units.
        Ford Focus MP3 : www.stevieg.org/carpc Blog Updated 29 January 2009!
        Car PC Status: Complete - Undergoing Software Redevelopment

Comment

I have done quite a bit of reading on this fm modulator thing, and even though it will not give you the best sound quality, it definitely is the cheaper/easier/more efficient route if you are on a budget and dont have an aux in hu. the one i have found most people like the most is the jvc ks-if200, it has an auto power down when not recieving a signal, and also has like 8 channels to choose from. i have not used this item myself yet, but have ordered one. you can usually get a used one on ebay for about 30 bones.

Comment

Sorry I donít mean to highjack this thread but I was wondering if some 1 can help me actually answer this question I done search but couldnít find nothing relevant to it I got morex 3688 case as you all know you cant put any pci slots or anything in it but since I am taking my deck out and just using a computer and the lilput screen I was wondering how can I get radio going in same time?
            [|||||-----] 95% complete

Comment

probably should start your own thread...

you could get a radio card for your cpu

Comment

Originally posted by blurp
                I don't know about any of those, but I spent around $50 or $70 on mine, and it sounds great. However, I have heard many cheaper ones that sound horrible. Do yourself a favor and check your local car audio shop. At least you can tell how they sound there.
                which one do you have?

Comment

I can't remember, and I can't find my receipt. But I'll open up my dash and see on my next day off.
                  www.bradleyjacobs.com

There is more stupidity than hydrogen in the universe, and it has a longer shelf life. -- Frank Zappa

Comment

i got one of these and it sounds cd quality. http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...718518506&rd=1
                    1990 Jeep Cherokee
                    2000 VW Golf TDI 4dr
                    2005 VW GTI MKIV - SOLD

Comment

cool, thanks

Comment

Originally posted by vile10
                        which one do you have?
                        I have an Audiovox FMM100A. Looks like they are much cheaper now than I paid for mine. Here's a good pic of one. http://www.discountmobilevideo.com/items/item388.htm

I bought mine at a local shop over a year ago. Just remember, no matter how you get your sound from the PC to the speakers, your mp3 rip quality will have a tremendous effect on the quality of the sound. I ripped all of my music at 192kbps, and they sound great. However, if you download or rip at lusy bitrates, you'll get lousy results even with the very best equipment.

Sorry it took so long. Today was my first day off.

Edit: oops, it looks like it was the next-to-last one in your list. Cheap Price!
                        http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...719114480&rd=1
                        www.bradleyjacobs.com

Comment

I paid $30 for my FM Modulator. It is a BOSS and it sounds great.
                          AMD XP 2600+/512MB RAM/120GB hard drive
                          Opus 150W/DVD/GPS/7" Lilliput TS/802.11g/Bluetooth
                          Installed.

-GPSSecure- - GPS Tracking
                          -AltTabber2.2.2- - Handy touchscreen utility.

Comment

I checked on the net to see if I could find the one I got before and I came across this one. Dang good deal for a nice looking BOSS fm modulator.
                            http://www.buy.com/retail/product_ju...ec&dcaid=15891
                            AMD XP 2600+/512MB RAM/120GB hard drive
                            Opus 150W/DVD/GPS/7" Lilliput TS/802.11g/Bluetooth
                            Installed.

-GPSSecure- - GPS Tracking
                            -AltTabber2.2.2- - Handy touchscreen utility.

Comment

Originally posted by blurp
                              I have an Audiovox FMM100A. Looks like they are much cheaper now than I paid for mine. Here's a good pic of one. http://www.discountmobilevideo.com/items/item388.htm
                              SNIP
                              Edit: oops, it looks like it was the next-to-last one in your list. Cheap Price!
                              http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...719114480&rd=1
                              That is the same one I use, no trouble at all.
                              TruckinMP3
                              D201GLY2, DC-DC power, 3.5 inch SATA

Yes, you should search... and Yes, It has been covered before!

Read the FAQ!

Comment

Working...
                              X