No announcement yet.

Controling AC/Heater controls VIA CarPC

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Controling AC/Heater controls VIA CarPC

Im not sure where to post here goes...

My idea is to use a meter to get the different voltage ranges that the controls for the AC/Heater and then duplicate those using software on a computer and possibly output them through LTP/Serial ports into a custom made plug for the controls. I have a Scion xB and the controls get on my nerves, i could put something else there if it wasn't for them. and i figured since i had a carpc, why not try to control the functions with that.

It doesn't seem like its a hard not sure how to begin though.

If you had a temperature probe to ....lets say...your headliner you can wire that to the computer as well and have a digital thermostat keeping the temperate at...lets say....a set 73 degrees, where the heater/airconditioner will kick on when the temperature changes....any input/comments/hate would be apperciated. Thanks.

I wouldn't have a clue how to do do you like the xB? I love those! Everyone I talk to think they are ugly, I think they rock. Are they as gutless as I've heard?

yea...they're great....handling is good and overall the possiblilites are endless and there is so much room in there....ill have links to some pics in my sig shortly.

I'm pretty sure that the A/C controls are digital, so you can't just send a different voltage and get an effect.

Also, you got a lawnmower engine
        PowerVoice v1 | NaviVoice Source
        GammaControl v2.4
        SKINbedder v3

1995 Lexus SC300

It's has been mentioned quite a lot here!!!

check for serial/usb relay cards or input/output cards..

check the irc chat, a guy on there had his working, was thinking of selling a unit that would do this.
            CarComputer Status: New Car & Broken (Motherboard Fried)
            Owen JH | My Linux Blog | The Tech Fellows

do you know what network/channel?

its at the link at the bottom of the page that says mp3car irc