My First Install

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My First Install

Well i have finally finished my first install in my Mitsubishi GSR here are some pics..

Please do comment on any improvements thank you ..
    Attached Files
    [|||||-----] 95% complete

Looks good, it fits in there nicely. I would look even better if you mold the whole screen into the dash, it gives it move of a stock look, I don't know if you willing to do that.
    What are those two white strips on the top? Is it tape that you are using to hold it in place?
    Installed
    Asus A7N8X-VM - AMD Mobile Athlon 2400
    512 Ram - 60GB HD - Opus 150w
    Lilliput 7" - Rikaline 6010
    [00000000000001100010-] 98% Completed

Check Out My Install!!!

Comment

Looks good except for the...is that velcro?

Can you post pics of the PC?
      My Install Thread
      digitaljetta.com

MKIV VW Jetta
      How do I get sound to my car?

Comment

Yeah, looks nice, nice position to put the screen in... but what are those white strips?
        List of front-ends/usefull apps
        XTroniC | XTroniC Direct

Comment

yeah it is its Velcro but no its not holding screen in place, the reason they are there is because i donít have a garage and where i leave my car its not that safe so, for the moment i need to cover it with black plastic so, that Velcro is there just to hold it in place temporarily.

Quattro yes i will mold the screen in to dash but i am thinking of getting Xenarc so not sure that is why i left it like that for. I also head a plan to make a motorized stand so the screen gets pulled inside the dash, and a plastic door would slide down just to cover the screen.

if that makes any sense.

Comment

I'm seeing a lot more people trying to make their screens motorized (including me) but I haven't seen one done yet, more mods is getting really close though. I hope you can complete this task and share you ideas with us.
            Installed

Check Out My Install!!!

Comment

Something like this in the picture sorry not that good drawing, but the screen will sort of seat on those rails and it will be motorized similar like cd rom drive the way it comes in and out, well i am in process of making something like that for the screen.
              Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Quattro-A4
                I'm seeing a lot more people trying to make their screens motorized (including me) but I haven't seen one done yet, more mods is getting really close though. I hope you can complete this task and share you ideas with us.

well my idea is stolen from CD-Rom the way it works is similar as in the way i wont to make rails work.
                What it will do lets say you turn your car on , the screen should get power and slide out automatically, i got it working that much so far but i am stuck on solving one problem. How to make screen be fixed on those rails and to hold it up straight.

And if my writing is bed please donít flame me i am trying as i said English is not my first language.

thanks

Comment

I thought they spoke English in Sydney.

What are you using to make the screen move in and out, and how did you connect it with ign?
                  Installed

Check Out My Install!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Quattro-A4
                    I thought they spoke English in Sydney.

What are you using to make the screen move in and out, and how did you connect it with ign?

LOL yes they do but i wasnt born in sydney i was born in Croatian and i moved here when i was 13 and never spoke english before that.

The pic above maybe explains little better well at the moment i am powering it from a computer with normal plug that is plugged beck of the cd-rom.
                    Which i am thinking i will leave it like that. The reason for leaving it like that is,
                    1) you wont the screen to come out soon as computer gets turned on, so when computer turns on well the rails will get the power and the screen slides out on the rails similar as cd-rom when u press the button.
                    Hope that makes sense if not let me know and I will try to explain better.

Comment

As long as we understand eachother, we're fine

Much better when you use line breaks / punctuation like you are now!
                      List of front-ends/usefull apps
                      XTroniC | XTroniC Direct

Comment

Originally posted by ppgt94
                        Looks good except for the...is that velcro?

Can you post pics of the PC?
                        i will get some pictures of the computer 2 morrow ..

Velcro will go off as soon as i fix my rails, as i said in the post above where i live it is not safe..

Comment

could you brace it like this?
                          Attached Files
                          I GIVE FREE HUGS!
                          Buy Sell or Trade
                          If my pm box is full, please feel free to call me any time. 440-328-3382
                          Thank you
                          Forex
                          Rate Mp3car @ FXroot.com

Comment

Originally posted by jjh221
                            could you brace it like this?

You could but that still does not solve the problem.
                            Firstly screen has to stay straight up, and if i do as u say how will u glue or make a firm and good contact to a screen with those stick from the back.

i was thinking of making something like this to hold it on both sides .
                            Attached Files

Comment

sorry that my image is tilted (ment to be straight). i would prob attach it the same way i would the bottom, dempends on if i wanted to mess with the case of the screen. or make a new one. I would attach the motor or whatever used to the bottome brace that is setting inside the rail.

Edit pic:
                              Attached Files
                              I GIVE FREE HUGS!
                              Buy Sell or Trade
                              If my pm box is full, please feel free to call me any time. 440-328-3382
                              Thank you
                              Forex
                              Rate Mp3car @ FXroot.com

Comment

Working...
                              X