Clear All

• My system to be, any input?

BIOSTAR M7NCG 400 nForce2 Mainboard
    Mobile AMD Athlon XP 2400+ 35Watt CPU
    XENARC 7" 700TSV Monitor
    OPUS SFX 150 PSU
    Single 5400 RPM 10 GB WD Hard-disk
    Single 256 MB Kingston DDR 2700 RAM
    No optical drives or Floppy but Sony HI-MD with some 1 GB Disks for file transfers and updates
    MS Streets and Trips 2005 With GPS receiver

Windows 2003 Server OS < 300 MB installation leaving plenty for room for MP3's and the like
    Custom built Director/Shockwave and Flash interface for media.

Think it will be a decent system?
    BIOSTAR M7NCG400 : AMD-M ATHLON XP 2400+ : VANTEC AIRFLOW : 512 MB 3200 RAM : XENARC 700TSVB : MSI 128MB DDR MX4000 : MONSTER 300 WATT INVERTER

The CPU is little over kill, but looks good otherwise.

Comment

If you don't mind spending more for navigation, use MsST2005 and Routis combination. MsST2005 for Points of Interest library and Routis for voice navigation. I use both of these and am very happy with their performances.
      EPIA Nehemiah M10k, M1-ATX, 20GB 4200 RPM 2.5", 256MB RAM, Win XP Home, Gyration RF Keyboard & Mouse, Zoltrix Nightingale Optical 4.1 PCI Sound Card, Lilliput 619GL-70NP, XM-PCR w/ optical upgrade, Garmin GPS-25LVS, Microsoft MN-710 USB Wireless NIC

Comment

Originally posted by Zip-Lock
        The CPU is little over kill, but looks good otherwise.
        It's 600 Mhz faster than a VIA EPIA M1000 and is about the same including the Biostar Mainboard ( $150 ), I think it's worth it [o: Thanks though
        BIOSTAR M7NCG400 : AMD-M ATHLON XP 2400+ : VANTEC AIRFLOW : 512 MB 3200 RAM : XENARC 700TSVB : MSI 128MB DDR MX4000 : MONSTER 300 WATT INVERTER

Comment

Originally posted by edikp
          If you don't mind spending more for navigation, use MsST2005 and Routis combination. MsST2005 for Points of Interest library and Routis for voice navigation. I use both of these and am very happy with their performances.
          How much is that?

Comment

Originally posted by redmage
            XENARC 7" 700TSV Monitor
            OPUS SFX 150 PSU
            No optical drives or Floppy but Sony HI-MD with some 1 GB Disks for file transfers and updates

How much is that setup?

Comment

BIOSTAR M7NCG 400 nForce2 Mainboard : $61
              Mobile AMD Athlon XP 2400+ 35Watt CPU : $89
              XENARC 7" 700TSV Monitor : $429
              OPUS SFX 150 PSU : $199
              Single 5400 RPM 10 GB WD Hard-disk : $0 ( I have about twenty 10 GB HD's if anyone is interested )
              Single 256 MB Kingston DDR 2700 RAM : $34
              No optical drives or Floppy but Sony HI-MD with some 1 GB Disks for file transfers and updates : $245 ( But all ready have it, wonderful gizmo )
              MS Streets and Trips 2005 With GPS receiver : $129

Comment

I have this board, it works good hardy as all hell
                I would def get more ram. If your are going to use the onboard graphics you will lose at least 32 mb to video. also since this board supports dual channel it may be worth it to get the second stick(I have 512 in my system w/ 64 for video(dual channel), i have been able to get it to boot in about 31 sec. from cold start-havent really tried hibernate yet. standby is almost instant.)

I personally prefer iguidance, but go with which ever you like best
                You should also let them know when you get the opus that your going to be using this board, i'v heard that some of hte new one's dont require a mod, but a mod was needed before for use with the opus.

Looking good though
                amd 1700, biostar m7ncg 400, hitachi deskstar 120 8mb , 512 pc2700, liliput 7"
                now to put it all together

Comment

Originally posted by blackpacu
                  You should also let them know when you get the opus that your going to be using this board, i'v heard that some of hte new one's dont require a mod, but a mod was needed before for use with the opus.
                  Let who know? What sort of mod are you talking about? Thanks so much! Good info I'm getting from you guys [o:

Yeah, I read the comments for that board on NewEgg, about 100 Five star ratings for it and about six of them were using mobile AMD's which is a main factor in my decision.

Comment

How much is that?
                    The online price for Routis is about $90.
                    EPIA Nehemiah M10k, M1-ATX, 20GB 4200 RPM 2.5", 256MB RAM, Win XP Home, Gyration RF Keyboard & Mouse, Zoltrix Nightingale Optical 4.1 PCI Sound Card, Lilliput 619GL-70NP, XM-PCR w/ optical upgrade, Garmin GPS-25LVS, Microsoft MN-710 USB Wireless NIC

Comment

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by blackpacu
                        Yes. Listen to this guy.
                        AMD XP 2600+/512MB RAM/120GB hard drive
                        Opus 150W/DVD/GPS/7" Lilliput TS/802.11g/Bluetooth
                        Installed.

-GPSSecure- - GPS Tracking
                        -AltTabber2.2.2- - Handy touchscreen utility.

Comment

curious.. why are you using a server OS?
                          •Micke

Comment

XENARC 7" 700TSV Monitor
                            OPUS SFX 150 PSU

Windows 2003 Server OS < 300 MB installation leaving plenty for room for MP3's and the like

BIG CAVEAT:

very similar to my original setup. Make sure when you order the Opus that you specify it is to be used with that motherboard. There is a known incompatibility and the power supply will require modification before it will work. This means you will have to order direct from Opus. Even when it is modified there is no guarantee it will be able to turn this motherboard on. I had my Opus 150w modified and it STILL would NOT turn the BIOSTAR M7NCG 400 mATX mobo on. I have since switched the Biostar for an Epox mATX that the opus works with, but the Epox doesn't overclock & can't make full use of the mobile Athlon like the Biostar does. I switched out the mobile processor for the slower, regular Athlon in my desktop.
                            EPoX mATX SocketA w/onboard Geforce4MX / 512MB PC2700 / AthlonXP 1600
                            Lilliput / DVDrom / Opus 150W / WD 3.5" 160GB / SB Audigy NX
                            XP home / Road Runner / iGuidance 4.0

Comment

I just bought the Biostar M7NCG mobo. Has anyone had success getting this to work with a modified Opus?

Also, does anyone have any suggestions for a different mobo that I can use with a moble athlon processor that WOULD be more compatible with the Opus? I paid $41 for the Biostar, so ideally I'd like to find another board around the same price.
                              Carputer - 100% Complete!
                              1993 Mazda MX-6 - 100% Totalled!
                              Bought new 1995 Saab 900SE Turbo - Need new Micro ATX Case (Simple 101 case maybe?)

Comment

Working...
                              X