First time here. Is this enough and a Q for the PSone lcd screem

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First time here. Is this enough and a Q for the PSone lcd screem

OK i just heard about the Epia M motherboards and the Casetronic Travla C134 or C150 Case. So if I get the 1.0 Ghz motherboard/CPU (I might go for the lower speed as I'm really going to use it mainly for DIVX Movies, GPS and might web-browse)and a laptop HDD and a slimline optical Drive with it its nearly complete. I have lying around a PC2100 or similar DDR RAM, can I use it with this config? Also Can I use the PSone lcd screen with this combo in anyway (VGA, Composite)? Im planning to get the Flexible Keyboard and thumbmouse or input and a USB Wi-Fi adapter as well so not really need the touchscreen. Is it possible to cram a PCI graphic card in here(for the PSone lcd as I heard they dont work with custom GFX chips)? And is the onboard 60W power supply going to be enough or should I get an OPUS 90W? . I'm an absolute noob when it comes to carputer. Also one more Q, who was that who custom modified his PSone lcd screen? It was more of an advanced modding but I can handle it.
    Thanks in Advance

Ok, the 1.0GHz is going to be more than enough for what you need. Quite a few people use 600-733MHz processors. However, if you can, underclock the 1.0GHz. It should stay very cool. As for RAM, it depends on the size of the case as to what you can use. Check on the case specs, it should tell you there. The best thing you could do is buy incredibly fast ram with your underclocked FSB, this will cause the ram to run slower, but will, again, keep things cool. Again, for PCI, only some cases have to room for a pci card, check the case specs again. The power supply that comes with these cases is not regulated. Because you dont have the AC/DC inverter. You will want an OPUS, or some other power solution for a CarPC. I would reccoment the OPUS because its n00bproof. Easy to use and install, some of the others require more technical knowledge, and some of the other power suppies do not regulate voltage on the +12v. Not a good thing. I dont know about the PlayStation screen.
    Quick! To the Popemobile!

Comment

If you're gona put the C134 indash,.... make sure you've got enough clearence depth wise...
      •Micke

Comment

Underclocking cools the processor? I have an AMD 2800XP+ installed in my home system. I underclocked it from 2088MHz(stock) to 1250MHz and there was no drop in temperature. Does the EPIA board do something different when underclocked to cool more? Also how high are regular RAM sticks? It states that the case requires low profile memory of 0.8" height.

Comment

I've modded a PSone Screen, but are you talkin about the guy that chopped the **** out of the controller board of his PS Screen?
          Tidder

Try RevFE
          The best resurrected frontend I've ever used, period.

I Wish I could ban people

Comment

The normal memory will not fit into C134 if the slim DVD is installed. You need the 'ultra low profile' memory. On mine, I used 'regular' memory because I did not use the slim DVD, I also had to dremel the aluminum a little bit, because it bashed into the huge 'memory tower'!!!
            Carputer currently 'ghettoed' into car!!!

EPIA MII-12000
            Ampie Case with rigged extra USB
            Hitachi 60GB
            Holux GPS mouse with iGuidance 2.0
            Lilliput 7" touchscreen
            Netgear WG121 USB WiFi
            Carnetix P1260

Comment

Originally posted by Tidder
              I've modded a PSone Screen, but are you talkin about the guy that chopped the **** out of the controller board of his PS Screen?
              I think. He had like 3-4 resistors on it. Wires going from one place to another and all that. What was the purpose of doing that?

Comment

Originally posted by xboxerxbox
                I think. He had like 3-4 resistors on it. Wires going from one place to another and all that. What was the purpose of doing that?
                He was reducing the size of his controller board, cause it's freakin' huge! It's the actual size of the PSone LCD casing. So he was choppin' it down to get it to fit somewhere, and had to run wire where he removed some of the board. I don't even know what was up with the resistors he slapped on there...
                Tidder

Try RevFE

Comment

well is it here somewhere? I searched but no luck as so many topics come up and I cant check all of them.

Comment

That will all be able to be powered from the 60W PSU inside the case. However, I seriously recommend getting a Carnetix CNX-P1260, which will provide you with regulated power, as well as a startup/shutdown controller.

Garry
                    Co-Developer of A.I.M.E.E
                    www.aimee.cc

Comment

well is it here somewhere? I searched but no luck as so many topics come up and I cant check all of them.
                      I'll have to do some searching, I can't find it either...
                      Tidder

Try RevFE

Comment

That Carnitex looks nice but Im confused, it says its for cases that have a Power Supply built in. Whats that supposed to mean? And confused when will you be getting the screen from linitx.com? I want to know how it performs.

Comment

Underclocking cools the processor? I have an AMD 2800XP+ installed in my home system. I underclocked it from 2088MHz(stock) to 1250MHz and there was no drop in temperature. Does the EPIA board do something different when underclocked to cool more? Also how high are regular RAM sticks? It states that the case requires low profile memory of 0.8" height.
                          Underclocking does not cool the processor, it does not make it produce cold air. It will just run at a lower temperature than at its designed clock speed.
                          Quick! To the Popemobile!

Comment

So it has something to do with VCore then? Cuz my AMD's lowest VCore is 1.650V. Does the EPIA lower the VCore?

Comment

That Carnitex looks nice but Im confused, it says its for cases that have a Power Supply built in. Whats that supposed to mean? And confused when will you be getting the screen from linitx.com? I want to know how it performs.
                              If you get one of the cases that are listed right here, which come with a power supply (typically a 60W Morex) already inside the case. The Carnetix works with these power supplies.

I got the screen today, will be unpacking it in a few mins to hook it up alongside a Xenarc

Garry
                              Co-Developer of A.I.M.E.E
                              www.aimee.cc

Comment

Working...
                              X