Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New install on Chrysler 300M

Hey guys,

I have been lurking around this site for a couple days doing some thinking about putting a carputer in my car. I have some questions that I searched for, but couldn't really find a definitive answer for:

These are the features I am looking for at this time, with upgrades down the road:

GPS
    MP3 Playback
    DVD
    DIVX

Screen

Do most of you take the casing off and mount it, or leave the casing on?

Computer

I am thinking of buying a readymade carpc from maybe xenarc or someone else, what do you guys suggest?

I want my sound to be as good as stock or better? I have a nice Infinity setup in my car, I do not wanna keep my head unit. Can I go straight from a sound card to speakers, or do I need an amp?

These are the questions I have for now, if you guys can help me that would be great. Thanks!

I

You will need a 4 channel amp to power the speakers. The screen set up is up to you. Search to find a similar dash with the screen in it.

Comment

depending on the chrysler setup, you may be able to get by without an amp. You need to find out if there is an external amp somewhere in your system or if the headunit is providing the power directly to the speakers. If there is an external amp somewhere in the system, you can wire your sound card "line out" to the wiring harness of the head unit.

Comment

Thanks

I think I am going to go with the Soundblaster Audigy and a Fosgate amp. Do you think its easier to build a custom computer with what I want or just to buy one?

Comment

First of all, learn to hate Creative. You will get static with their cards b/c you will be changing from a headphone jack to a RCA jack. Buy a card with RCA output. Secondly, I hate you for having a 300.
          Quick! To the Popemobile!

Comment

Oh yeah, I forgot. I don't like Fosgate. A few of their designers left and went with another company. Since then, only their competion class stuff is any good (Which you might be able to afford since you have a 300. ). I think Quantum Audio is the ****.
            Quick! To the Popemobile!

Comment

Hey

Thanks for the info, I have a friend that works at Best Buy so he is gonna get me a sweet deal on a Kenwood Amp, I was thinking about going with the Sound Blaster Audigy, which would you recommend?

By the way, I love my 300 this car is badass, sorry to rub it in, I just wish there was more aftermarket, thats why I might trade for a 300C.

Comment

Working...
              X