Help Setting up X10 Remote

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help Setting up X10 Remote

I just got a new X10 Remote plus some others thing and I dont know how to set it up so I can control my pc. I search but couldnt find anything. So could some one please tell me how or point me to a link that tells me how? I know I going to use girder but dont know how setup the remote with the 2-Way Universal Computer Interface.

Here what I have...
    http://www.x10.com/products/x10_ck11a.htm

BTW its serial, dont know if that matters

Thanks

can anybody help me please?

Comment

I don't think that will do what you want. The PC interface only works with wired X10 devices and the tranceiver can receive RF but from only one house code and send that to the PC interface, so you could receive from the keychain remote or just the X10 from the 5-in-1 remote. If there's no "PC" button on that remote, you can't use it for media control. For that you need Lola, Anywhere 2000, ATI remote or any number of other clones out there that have the wireless PC interface.

Comment

www.homeseer.com

There is a lot of information on the forums / message board.

I have about 30 switches, 12 motion sensors, can control all my A/V.
        Can control it all from anywhere in the world.

You can just hook up the serial for programming then dis-connect or have a PC connected 24/7 and control by web interface.

go check it out.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr.J
          www.homeseer.com

There is a lot of information on the forums / message board.

I have about 30 switches, 12 motion sensors, can control all my A/V.
          Can control it all from anywhere in the world.

You can just hook up the serial for programming then dis-connect or have a PC connected 24/7 and control by web interface.

go check it out.
          Thanks but I couldnt find anything on my remote and tranceiver.
          Im so confused on this whole thing.

Comment

What is it that you're trying to do?

The X10 system is usually used from the PC for automating household things such as lights, cameras, power to appliances, etc. Not for actually controlling your computer.

Can you give more detail as to what you were planning on using it for?

Comment

I want to use this remote to contol Media Portal on my PC. It sould be able to do this since it has a serial transciever.

Comment

You would need to either find software that can be programmed for different frequencies (Can Media Portal do this?) .. On my desktop, I use uICE from www.mediatexx.com that will act as a handler for the IR port and can be programmed with each individual button frequency.

Or

Through trial and error, change the codes on the X10 remote until it starts working.

Personally, I'd just do the former.

Comment

I cant use uICE because its a RF remote, thats what makes this whole thing so difficalt. Also i have tried trail and error and no success.

Comment

I know people used to use this remote with myHTPC, so theres got to be somebody that uses it.

please help im going crazy trying to get this to work!!

Comment

You need the CM19A receiver like this:
                      http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=36316

Comment

Working...
                      X