basic car pc idea

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• basic car pc idea

I was wondering if I need to get a cd/dvd drive to load software onto my car pc. I have a home pc and was thinking that I could load software on that and then trasfer it from my home pc to my car pc is that possible.
    I am just starting out and want to use my car pc for mostly navigation.
    so far i plan on getting the
    M1000 motherboard.
    Opus 90watt power supply.
    SP7 VGA 7" - Touchscreen
    Not sure on what Navigation software yet.
    I was thinking i could save some money if I could get away with adding the external cdrom later unless it is not possible to add the software from my home pc to my car pc.

Originally posted by Joseph
    I was wondering if I need to get a cd/dvd drive to load software onto my car pc. I have a home pc and was thinking that I could load software on that and then trasfer it from my home pc to my car pc is that possible.
    I am just starting out and want to use my car pc for mostly navigation.
    so far i plan on getting the
    M1000 motherboard.
    Opus 90watt power supply.
    SP7 VGA 7" - Touchscreen
    Not sure on what Navigation software yet.
    I was thinking i could save some money if I could get away with adding the external cdrom later unless it is not possible to add the software from my home pc to my car pc.
    I do it all the time, I have five PC's and only two CD drives. They are all networked together with the two CD drives shared. Installation takes a little bit longer but is quicker than swapping drives. My carPC does not have a CD/DVD drive, only two hard disks and installation is done like proposed.
    BIOSTAR M7NCG400 : AMD-M ATHLON XP 2400+ : VANTEC AIRFLOW : 512 MB 3200 RAM : XENARC 700TSVB : MSI 128MB DDR MX4000 : MONSTER 300 WATT INVERTER

Comment

thanks for the info I really appreciate it!

Comment

Working...
      X