Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

S.M.A.R.T. car

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • S.M.A.R.T. car

    ok i want my car to be just that a smart car and i want these things:
    Navigation
    DVD
    MP3
    GPS
    Divx
    WiFi
    TV tuner
    camera
    intergrated alarm system
    intergrated car control i.e. locks, windows,strobes
    i want my car to greet me(i understand voicenavi might be able to do such very soon
    will combine with my palm
    and display car figures i.e.internal temperature,direction
    5.1 audio
    i want to use frodoplayer just becasue its sooooooooo good

    Now the reason i tell you all this,well it is not to ask if i can do it(i know i can) for the reason is i would like comment and suggestion on really creative ideas on making my car (1993 honda del sol) a smart car

    thankyou,
    link
    S.M.A.R.T. car project is on its way
    car of the future, you will all see

  • #2
    try asking something a little more specific, dont think anyone is going to do the work for you

    Comment


    • #3
      do a search as someone here all ready done all that .......
      [|||||-----] 95% complete

      Comment


      • #4
        Sounds a lot like what the rest of the 10,000 users on this board want to do. Hey! I have atleast half the things that he wants to do already done to my car...

        Derek
        Progress [||-------]
        View my Worklog to see some of my progress.
        Downgraded Progress - Starting with another car... 09/13/06

        Comment


        • #5
          Well I can give you some ideas for a really "smart" car but whats your background?? I mean just recreate some of the systems that are out there now but use the PC..
          i.e. Saftey some cars (BMW) now have headlights that shift their pattern as you turn, do it to the Del Sol (sweet car btw I've always loved them) Or Sensing Cruise control to slow you down/speed you up according to cars in front/behind you
          Granted thast been done but hey, use the PC to control it...

          Automated climate control?

          Or actually here would be a really good one.. If you have a bluetooth phone (and your carPC runs all the time) have it set that once it detects YOUR phone it unlocks all the doors and pops open the drivers door for you... (KITT all the way...lol) That would probably seem better if you had shaved door handles...

          there are some ideas
          2002 DSM RSX-S
          Custom Car PC Re-design Pending Completion of fiberglassing dash and trunk
          Pics

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by ApoloV

            Or actually here would be a really good one.. If you have a bluetooth phone (and your carPC runs all the time) have it set that once it detects YOUR phone it unlocks all the doors and pops open the drivers door for you... (KITT all the way...lol) That would probably seem better if you had shaved door handles...

            there are some ideas
            until your phone ran out of battery, then your car wouldn't work !

            Comment


            • #7
              well there are some ppl that use 2nd batteries.. and put their PCs into standby...

              If you're going to go this far you can obviously have the PC wake-up with the bluetooth and then unlock/open the door.. hell might as well have it start the car for yo too (that shouldnt be hard at all)

              anything is possible and most itx in standby should be able to last a long time w/ its own batt to pull from.. and with the small confines of a Del Sol, the batt can sit w/ the spare tire in the back and maybe squeeze the PC under a seat (or glove box)

              its just a matter of looking at what you want to do and seeing how to get there..
              2002 DSM RSX-S
              Custom Car PC Re-design Pending Completion of fiberglassing dash and trunk
              Pics

              Comment


              • #8
                This thread just reminded me of the the other day when i was thinking about that Bond film where he drives his beemer with his phone and that could easily be done but i am not sure that i could drive it quite the way he does. SE already do a bluetooth controlled toy car and my K700i comes with bluetooth pc remote software and you can download others. Perhaps a PDA with wireless lan for relaying back video footage would be better but it is quite funny how it would not be that hard to do something which seemed so unrealistic. I amnot saying it would be very drivable or very safe though!

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Scouse Monkey
                  This thread just reminded me of the the other day when i was thinking about that Bond film where he drives his beemer with his phone and that could easily be done but i am not sure that i could drive it quite the way he does. SE already do a bluetooth controlled toy car and my K700i comes with bluetooth pc remote software and you can download others. Perhaps a PDA with wireless lan for relaying back video footage would be better but it is quite funny how it would not be that hard to do something which seemed so unrealistic. I amnot saying it would be very drivable or very safe though!

                  Would be good, see if you can get the servo's required from ebay

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    I saw a video before of some guys who hooked up a real car to a toy RC controller (one of the good ones, not a Rat Shack special). They then took the car to a desert somewhere and drove the car into the ground. They had cameras rolling inside the car and from the driver's POV so it's a real nice video. They even rolled it a few times and it still ran. Since I'm at work I can't go find the actual video - I found it on a site that also has lots of ... uhm ... adult content - but I'll post a link when I get home this evening.
                    Old plans out the window because of an accident .
                    Have: M1-ATX, EPIA M10000, 256MB, 60GB 2.5", slim slot load DVD
                    Need: Time, HU integration, ideas for Lilli

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      yeh i know every one has done this stuff, i was just putting a base down, what i would like is ideas like aplopov said. i dont want to have other people do the work, i am just asking for other thought and ideas to make my car truly smart
                      S.M.A.R.T. car project is on its way
                      car of the future, you will all see

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        yo know.. how bout this.. I'd actually consider this if i had the skills..

                        makin a smart car that takes care of itself.......and by that i mean, using sensors some programming(?) if the cabin temp gets above xº it turns on a small low power fan to circulate the air (or opens the windows) if it opens the windows you'd have to join with a 2nd sensor that if it was raining (easy sensor found w/ sprinkler systems) it wouldnt allow the windows to open.

                        think of simple thinsg you do everyday in your car and automate those w/ the pc.. thats where the car can become "Smart" takin care of the tedious items that get annoying to the driver.
                        2002 DSM RSX-S
                        Custom Car PC Re-design Pending Completion of fiberglassing dash and trunk
                        Pics

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by ApoloV
                          yo know.. how bout this.. I'd actually consider this if i had the skills..

                          makin a smart car that takes care of itself.......and by that i mean, using sensors some programming(?) if the cabin temp gets above xº it turns on a small low power fan to circulate the air (or opens the windows) if it opens the windows you'd have to join with a 2nd sensor that if it was raining (easy sensor found w/ sprinkler systems) it wouldnt allow the windows to open.

                          think of simple thinsg you do everyday in your car and automate those w/ the pc.. thats where the car can become "Smart" takin care of the tedious items that get annoying to the driver.
                          I think you'll find that the manufacturers are already doing this.

                          "if the cabin temp gets above xº it turns on a small low power fan to circulate the air "

                          I call that climate control !

                          On my car my windscreen wipers are automatic, my headlights are automatic, my mirrors automatically adjust when the seat is adjusted, If I switch the engine off and get out the car and don't lock the doos, it locks them after 10 minutes. Even my rear view mirror darkens when there are bright headlights behind !!

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Well good for you, however since the original poster has a '93 Del Sol that car does not contain any of this... frthermore not everyone's mdern day car have features such as that.. I know my '02 Acura doesnt have some of the features you listed...

                            And one more thing.. no offense if yuo arent but stop tryin to bust my chops after each suggestion.. I'm throwing out ideas for this guy so he can improve his car to possibly get the amenities found in more modern cars.. Granted your car has them for a reason but older cars dont, because they didnt get thought of yet. All those things to an older car would make it "Smarter" and be a valuable improvement over stock features.. Plus there are cars with multimedia systems from the factory but I would still put a PC in, why because I can and it give me more flexibility. Plus I enjoy working on my car and adding features from higher end cars that i couldnt afford.

                            I appreciate you pointing out to me though that all of my ideas are already out there, but for the most part thats why i listed them.... That along with some of the ideas that I do have would take more computing power and indepth programming... But then again those ideas I know are already starting in their development and if i said them you'd point that out too...

                            To the original poster good luck with your car man.. and just be creative by adding things your car doesnt have (even if other cars come with it)
                            2002 DSM RSX-S
                            Custom Car PC Re-design Pending Completion of fiberglassing dash and trunk
                            Pics

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by Matthew230
                              On my car my windscreen wipers are automatic, my headlights are automatic, my mirrors automatically adjust when the seat is adjusted, If I switch the engine off and get out the car and don't lock the doos, it locks them after 10 minutes. Even my rear view mirror darkens when there are bright headlights behind !!

                              its nice to have money.
                              (All done)
                              iPad Mini 128GB, RF 600.5 amp, JL12W0V2, 8 Infinity Components

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X