What should I use to power my mc before install

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What should I use to power my mc before install

I will be getting my entire system tomorrow and I'd like to set it all up in my house rather than the confines of my car. I ordered a opus and that's all I'll have for a psu so I was wondering how I should power the pc up tomorrow. I have a jump box if that would work or should I just borrow an atx psu for a day and use that.
    Also in a different post i asked about installing a button to turn on my pc since I am not using a case I won't have a power button. Is this somehting I can get from radio shack or can I make one what do you guys think. Thanks.

The opus has a header to plug into your mobo's header where the power button would go, so the opus can turn the system on
    - Vorex Out

Comment

Originally posted by Vorex
      The opus has a header to plug into your mobo's header where the power button would go, so the opus can turn the system on
      I think he's asking how to run the opus in his house without the car.
      PowerVoice v1 | NaviVoice Source
      GammaControl v2.4
      SKINbedder v3

1995 Lexus SC300

Comment

I will be using a spare car battery, charging with a car battery charger. I don't know how I will turn the system on yet, maybe someone can give us some ideas.
        http://www.cardomain.com/id/seanklsc

Comment

Find the pins on the motherboard for power on (PWR usually) and short them. That will turn on the motherboard.
          GammaControl v2.4
          SKINbedder v3

1995 Lexus SC300

Comment

I used a jump start device. It has cables to jump a dead battery and also a cigarette lighter adapter. Just charge it up with 110v ac and you're good to go.

Comment

Originally posted by 0l33l
              Find the pins on the motherboard for power on (PWR usually) and short them. That will turn on the motherboard.
              Great I was wondering if it needed a constant feed
              http://www.cardomain.com/id/seanklsc

Comment

Originally posted by Bailey
                Great I was wondering if it needed a constant feed
                ATX are momentary. If you short it for 4 seconds while the motherboard is on then it will shut down if the OS isn't cooperating. You can also short the reset pins. Paperclips do wonders
                GammaControl v2.4
                SKINbedder v3

1995 Lexus SC300

Comment

mate, find an old case or even real old pc from somewhere, i picked up an old one for about 15 bucks, so from that i oculd salvage the mobo riser, atx power supply, (for in the house) plus dismantle all the buttons and leds from the front to use on ur new system. Salvage like a vulture.
                  My baby is done ...Go the soarer

Comment

Originally posted by Seifer
                    mate, find an old case or even real old pc from somewhere, i picked up an old one for about 15 bucks, so from that i oculd salvage the mobo riser, atx power supply, (for in the house) plus dismantle all the buttons and leds from the front to use on ur new system. Salvage like a vulture.
                    Yeh, that too.

<off topic>cool! you have the previous gen of my car </off topic>
                    GammaControl v2.4
                    SKINbedder v3

1995 Lexus SC300

Comment

ATX are momentary. If you short it for 4 seconds while the motherboard is on then it will shut down if the OS isn't cooperating. You can also short the reset pins. Paperclips do wonders
                      ive found keys are always good

but if he is using an opus there is no need to do this, just hook the ignition wire up to 12v as well
                      Signature: [==||========] 20% complete

Comment

Yeh, that too.

<off topic>cool! you have the previous gen of my car </off topic>
                        but we call em toyotas, I know this american guy that moved here and he wouldn't accept that Lexus's were just toyotas.

"Toyota couldn't make a car that good" - LOL

Comment

Thats how "Acura" was explained to me. Americans wont pay that much for a "Honda"...so it became "Acura"
                          2005 Ford Focus ST

Comment

Originally posted by Bodgy
                            but we call em toyotas, I know this american guy that moved here and he wouldn't accept that Lexus's were just toyotas.

"Toyota couldn't make a car that good" - LOL
                            I have the toyota badges sitting right next to me
                            GammaControl v2.4
                            SKINbedder v3

1995 Lexus SC300

Comment

Working...
                            X