No announcement yet.

New to the hobby

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New to the hobby

Hello, I discovered this site about 2 months ago, and I have been captivated into trying to create a carputer so I may use is for GPS and mp3's. I will be driving a 1999.5 Nissan Pathfinder SE, and I am not experienced at all with car electronics, I however, do believe I know computer hardware fairly well, although I will claim I do not know anything about Fabrication, Power, Software used in the car pc, etc. Time and budget should not be a problem, but patience is something I will need to work on it appears after reading many people's post on their carputers. I have done some research on this site, although I have not really accomplished much due to the fact not many people have done this with a Nissan Pathfinder. Any help on this will be greatly appreciated. Thank you for your time.

Welcome and nice first post!

Each vehicle is different. The best place to get ideas for screen/device mounting is from or a Nissan/Pathfinder forum. Look at what others have done and how they did it. They will also have the best tips for tear-down and rebuilding, they have done it.

Keep an eye out for local mp3car members. Most will be willing to help with fabrication / installation. Any "shoptime" helps everyone involved. *Armen is the Fab moderator and his work is really good!*

Search before you post a question, and be specific when you do it helps everyone involved!

Oh yeah, HAVE FUN!!
    [COLOR=Navy][SIZE=1][FONT=Comic Sans MS]Tektility