No announcement yet.

will usb sound card help reduce noise?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• will usb sound card help reduce noise?

other than the better sound output, will a sound card, lets say this:

Creative Labs USB2.0 Sound Card

remove unwanted noise?

bump

Comment

Depends on why the noise is there.... if you have a bad ground (the most common cause of noise) No it will not.
      TruckinMP3
      D201GLY2, DC-DC power, 3.5 inch SATA

Yes, you should search... and Yes, It has been covered before!

Read the FAQ!

Comment

The ultimate way to reduce noise is to run optical S/PDIF out to an external DAC or surround processor.

Comment

Originally posted by BassBinDevil
          The ultimate way to reduce noise is to run optical S/PDIF out to an external DAC or surround processor.
          you have a point there,

but lets be serious... unless i will be living in my car, theres no way im going to spend that much more money to build my car computer.

its so hard getting cheap stuff here in canada. bull**** fudge tax and duties

die!!!! (not you)

Comment

Originally posted by BassBinDevil
            Of course, that's effectively what a USB sound card does for you -- albeit with a different digital protocol.
            2004 4runner

Comment

Originally posted by rando
              Of course, that's effectively what a USB sound card does for you -- albeit with a different digital protocol.
              you took the words right out of my mouth man.
              Carputer: 2.8Ghz P4, 512 RAM, 120gb HDD, WIFI, TV tuner, CDRW/DVDROM, Slot load DVD in front.
              Screen: Lilliput 7" touchscreen (Custom made Carbon Fiber Screen Enclosure)
              S2000 Carputer

Comment

Working...
              X