Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Carputer wont power up once Amp is installed

Hi,

I've had my Carputer installed with a Opus 90w PSU (full spec in sig below) for about a week now, everything running fine, but with no sound as Amp was not yet installed.

So today I install the 1400watt Amp. I wire it into the 8 Gauge Power wire and Earth that I have already installed for the Carputer. Now the Amp powers up fine, but the Carputer will no longer Power up. No lights nothing. I disconnect the Amp and the Carputer works fine again !?

Both the Carputer and Amp are running of the same Power and Earth Cables. 8 gauge cable.

Im confused

Is the Power cable to weak for both the Amp and Carputer, is the Amp draining all the power ?

300zx TT Manual
    - VoomPC Case, M1-atx PSU
    - VIA EPIA MII-12000
    - 60gb slimline, 512mb, DVD/CD
    - 3G/GPRS PCMCIA Data Card
    - USB GPS receiver
    - USB WinTV FM
    - 7" VGA Touch screen
    - Pioneer Steering remote
    - Creative Extigy USB Sound

How are you splitting the power wire? Distrubution block? or are you just daisy chaining the components?

Comment

1400watts and a CarPC on an 8ga. wire? ......Run another 4ga line seperatly for the amp and you should be fine. "1400w 4 channel amp" eh? 350 watts x 4? No name brand listed either?

Comment

8ga wire is too weak to run something as power hungry as an amp and a computer. best bet would be to run fused 4ga wire from battery to trunk, install a fused 4ga-dual 8ga wire distribution block and run to each device respectively. Then take a 4ga ground wire and run to a ground distribution block and wire to the amp and puter. Most Ground Distribution blocks come with a 1 4ga to 4 8ga distribution. This should solve your problem. Also make sure that you main fuse on the 4ga wire is strong enough not to blow when u have the amp and the computer on

Comment

Originally posted by Zac View Post
          1400watts and a CarPC on an 8ga. wire? ......Run another 4ga line seperatly for the amp and you should be fine. "1400w 4 channel amp" eh? 350 watts x 4? No name brand listed either?
          MY INSTAllS:

http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/show...e-install.html

http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/show...tallation.html

Comment

Another reason for having the thicker wires is voltage drop. The thinner the wires, the greater the drop in voltage on the wire. If the wires are too thin and/or too long, the voltage could drop enough to trip the low-battery settings of your amp and computer, or at least cause some sort of small-scale electronics havoc.

Comment

Working...
            X