Things I have

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Things I have

These are the things i have , what i want to know is what i will need for it to be a fully operable carputer.

Shuttle XPC with built in wireless
    http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProduc...101-416&depa=0

7inch lilliput screen
    Mini USB keyboard.
    160GB WD HD 7200 RPM
    512MB DDR400
    2.4ghz p4 533fsb
    Stock Shuttle PS
    onboard sound and video
    all the specs are on that link above

The main thing i still dont understand yet is the power setup, i dont want to shutdown and start it up every time i go into the store for like 10 minutes, and I will be hooking this up to my amp, speakers and 1 12inch sub. Just wanting to get everything in about 2 weeks, so i can start fiberglassing a lot of my stuff. Thanks guys any help is much appreciated.

DC power supply, a few hours of spare time.. maybe an extra foot or twenty of various cables.

ooh.. a dremmel and some bondo if you're gona 'in-dash' that lilli
    •Micke

Comment

got most of that, except the Dc power supply, any suggestions for the power supply and will that help me out with the start up and shutdown problem?

Comment

Originally posted by GHOSTWHISPER
        got most of that, except the Dc power supply, any suggestions for the power supply and will that help me out with the start up and shutdown problem?
        http://www.mp3car.com/store/product_...products_id=41
        Have you looked in the FAQ yet?
        How about the Wiki?

Under normal circumstances, a signature would go here.

Comment

Originally posted by DarquePervert
          That's just what you need for you XPC. You just take out your XPC's power supply and swap in the OPUS DC-DC XPC power supply. It's specifically designed for the XPC.

Comment

http://www.mp3car.com/store/index.php?cPath=29

might want to consider that for the auto startup/shutdown processes as well....

=]

sounds like a good start!!!

be sure and post pics of everything as you do it! we like to see progress pics around here....well, at least I do....lol
            Jan Bennett
            FS: VW MKIV Bezel for 8" Lilliput - 95% Finished

Please post on the forums! Chances are, someone else has or will have the same questions as you!

Comment

Hi, if this is GHOSTWHISPER from MSProtege.com, you might want to check out some of the Protege setups here and on the MSProtege board. I'm not using an Opus, But I'm pretty sure ddog_777 is and maybe Knubile too? Possibly some others too, but I can't remember them right offhand. Good luck
              Carputer Pics
              Xenarc, custom case, M10000, 40 gig 2.5" hard drive, laptop DVD burner, Wi-fi, Bluetooth, GPS mouse, FP 1.09, M1-ATX

Look for me on the track, cause that's where you'll find me.

Comment

thanks man yeah its me, i have been looking around there too, some people are quite helpful, what are you using for it, i thought about just making my own, i mean i have done it before, all i need is the schematics for it and it wouldnt be that hard, i dont know I could spend the money but it is hard to justify me to spend 212 for something i could build for about $40. But I dont know, I know it wont be that hard to do everything, but i say that now. All probably get started putting it all together at the end of the week.

Comment

lol kate i was gonna say the same thing about checking the other p5's on the boards with carputer setups
                  2003 Mazda Protege5
                  Molded Xenarc touch Screen
                  Via M10000, seagate 40gb, 16x laptop dvd, RS gps
                  EDAC 55w dc/dc
                  homebrew shutdown controller
                  2 power acoustik 10 FUBR's, A1800DB mono amp, AH600 to power mids and highs, pioneer speakers

Comment

traitorhound what did use for your shutdown controller, do you have any pics of your whole setup. Thanks

Comment

hmm. . . .i have no pictures of the new setup. . . .but i actually built my shutdown controller myself. . .how to describe. ..barbaric compared to the electronically controlled shutdown controllers. . mine is based on all RC networks and relays with a couple transistors thrown in the mix to make timers. . so time adjustments could've been made by using pots instead but i like to keep to the KISS method and so far after a couple years of using it it hasn't broken down yet

but if you search these forums or the protege5.com forums you could easily find mine or ahmads setup

if i had a digi i would be glad to take new pics but that has't been possible yet
                      2003 Mazda Protege5
                      Molded Xenarc touch Screen
                      Via M10000, seagate 40gb, 16x laptop dvd, RS gps
                      EDAC 55w dc/dc
                      homebrew shutdown controller
                      2 power acoustik 10 FUBR's, A1800DB mono amp, AH600 to power mids and highs, pioneer speakers

Comment

Working...
                      X