Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

where to get a good deal on these parts.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• where to get a good deal on these parts.

ive already planed my system out and now im ready to buy but i would like to save money... i want to know the cheapest place possible to get these parts.. i tried ebay but i cant find much.. i searched for the rams on ebay and a whole bunch came up but i dont know which one to get so if you can link me directly to the product that would be great.. thanks alot..

MII 12000 Mobo
    512 MB RAM
    200GB Barracuda
    CDRW/DVD
    PCI Sound Card
    150W Opus
    2004 Acura TSX 5 Spd Auto W/Navi /Premium Pearl White /LoJack

Mods
    OEM Spoiler
    OEM All Season Floor Mats

CLICK HERE TO SEE PICS OF MY TSX

www.pricewatch.com

Comment

newegg.com always has good deals on most computer hardware (RAM, HD) dont think they have EPIAs though but check.

The opus is going to be the same price pretty much everywhere you might as well get it here at the Mp3Car.com forum store
      My Install

Software:
      CFiG v1
      iGuidance Plugin for CF

CarShell
      Working shell for a CarPC

StopWatch
      StopWatch plugin remade for centrafuse RC1

Comment

Originally posted by alti
        newegg.com always has good deals on most computer hardware (RAM, HD) dont think they have EPIAs though but check.

The opus is going to be the same price pretty much everywhere you might as well get it here at the Mp3Car.com forum store
        i notice that theres 3 models for the opus 150W.. i just want to know do i really need the housing for it? which do you suggest... i was thinkin the one without the housing to save space.. other then that their all the same correct ?

Mods
        OEM Spoiler

Comment

I know of two versions of the opus 150, the full size and the shuttle pc one.

If you are planning on haveing the opus outside of the computers case I would say go with the full sized one, with the caseing around it. If you are planning on putting it in a small mATX case then search through the forums as some cases appearently had issues fitting the opus.
          My Install

Software:
          CFiG v1
          iGuidance Plugin for CF

CarShell

StopWatch

Comment

Originally posted by alti
            I know of two versions of the opus 150, the full size and the shuttle pc one.

If you are planning on haveing the opus outside of the computers case I would say go with the full sized one, with the caseing around it. If you are planning on putting it in a small mATX case then search through the forums as some cases appearently had issues fitting the opus.
            im gonna make a custom plexiglass or lexan case so thats not an issue...

Mods
            OEM Spoiler

Comment

i was shopping for rams a few min ago and i was totally confused... lol there were so many kind like i know the mkii 12000 accepts pc2100 but they sold ecc registered and etc.. can someone clear me out on this...

Mods
              OEM Spoiler

Comment

ecc is generally used in servers and will not work.

I would suggest getting the pc 2100 DDR SD RAM if that is what is suggested by your mobo.
                My Install

Software:
                CFiG v1
                iGuidance Plugin for CF

CarShell

StopWatch

Comment

directron.com has the cheapest price on the 12000 board
                  everything else go to newegg.com

Comment

Originally posted by I10O0I1
                    i was shopping for rams a few min ago and i was totally confused... lol there were so many kind like i know the mkii 12000 accepts pc2100 but they sold ecc registered and etc.. can someone clear me out on this...
                    If you don't know how to determine what sort of RAM goes into a specific motherboard, you really have no business attempting to build a computer.
                    Have you looked in the FAQ yet?
                    How about the Wiki?

Under normal circumstances, a signature would go here.

Comment

Originally posted by shauns
                      directron.com has the cheapest price on the 12000 board
                      everything else go to newegg.com
                      the cheapest i found the mii 12k was 205 but i like this site.. i can add rams for another 80bucks... nice find thanks alot

Mods
                      OEM Spoiler

Comment

Originally posted by DarquePervert
                        If you don't know how to determine what sort of RAM goes into a specific motherboard, you really have no business attempting to build a computer.
                        you always have something negative to say to me... my question was to clear up the difference between ecc rams and non ecc rams... but i know how to determine which ram the mobo accept.. so plz read again b4 you post something negative to me... and even if i didnt know how to assemble a pc theres always manuals and instructions i can follow... and i also have computer technicians in my family that can assemble the parts.. so dont be to quick to make a comment

Mods
                        OEM Spoiler

Comment

I just finished buying all of my parts. I bought from mp3car.com, E-Bay, caseoutlet.com, frysoutpost.com, and the classifieds forum.

Comment

1 question... on the ram what does the cl stand for... for example PC2100 / DDR266 memory Fast CL2 512 MB (for EPIA M/CL/MII)

Mods
                            OEM Spoiler

Comment

Working...
                            X