How do i get rid of the BUZZING!!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do i get rid of the BUZZING!!

I have a 300 W sony amp powering 2 tweeters and a pc powered by a inverter. I also have a neon underbody kit and the transformers are under the hood and my liiliput lcd is being powered by the cigarette lighter plug. For some reason, the lcd, neon, HEADLIGHTS!, And the alternator make the tweeters buzz. i cant figure out why the lcd is making it do that since its on the other side of the car. If i unplug the input to the amp it still makes the noice. Anyone know whats goin on.....Its driving me crazy!!

are you sure its the lilliput? and not a computer?

my guess is the culpret is the inverter, try grounding the computer......just use a wire (somewhat heavy gauge between 8-12 otherwise it will melt) going from the metal part of the computer case to the car body......you can do this while everything is running, though its not recommended, also you might get a bit of a shock if you do this while everything is running.
    PC Components:
    Lilliput; XPC/FLEX mobo; 1.7 ghz P4 Mobile;512 DDR; 160 gb HDD; opus 150; slot usb dvd-rw
    My work log

Comment

I know the lilliput is ONE of the problems, when i turn it off the buzz goes away(one of the buzzes anyways) and if i turn it on the buzz comes back.

Comment

dude if you are using the liliput with the cigarett lighter and using the adaptor that came with it. I would bet money that is your problem. Get rid of that thing and hard wire it in. The little egg converter on it is the problem. Cup it in the palm of your hands and hear the noise go away! I could do that with mine till i hard wired it in.

Comment

AAH! so thats the problem! So whats the purpose of that thing anyways, just to stabalize the power from the battery?

Comment

Do some reading on ground loops. It's all very interesting stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by johnnyutah36
              dude if you are using the liliput with the cigarett lighter and using the adaptor that came with it. I would bet money that is your problem. Get rid of that thing and hard wire it in. .

Hard wire it in to a cars 12-16volt system???? I smell smoke!
              Use your a/c adaptor and plug it into your inverter.
              AtmosUSA.biz, E-Cig Mods
              "A great smoking alternative"

Comment

Im getting rid of the inverter because it does cause alot of noice and buying a dc-dc opus. So i cant use the a/c adapter.

Comment

Originally posted by muldrick
                  Hard wire it in to a cars 12-16volt system???? I smell smoke!
                  Use your a/c adaptor and plug it into your inverter.
                  I think he meant to the 12volt line on the PSU. Yellow is 12v by the way.
                  My Carputer! (More Car Pics at the end)
                  2 Kicker Comp 10"
                  Epia M-9000, 256 MB DDR, 120 Gig HD
                  Lilliput 7" VGA Touchscreen
                  Check it out?!

Comment

aah, ok so the "egg" does regulate the voltage to the lcd. Without it , or the psu it would burn up?

Comment

Connect the lilli to the psu. Both ground and +12, cut out the "egg" and the buzzing will be gone...

Comment

so most of the time you guys have the psu juice both the monitor AND the computer?

isnt that much? does that take away from the computer power?

(pharmacist not electrician word cause titties are good)
                        [4Runna]

next - wifi

Comment

I think i somewhere read the lilli draws ~8-9W thats not really so very much. I even burn cd's with my lilli connected to my psu(100w morex) so it's no big deal

Comment

Would it be Ok to also remove this "Egg" if you were to wire it directly into a Light Socket? I currently also have the buzz, but have not yet pinpointed it. Today was the first day of driving the car after getting everything installed and wired in, but not exactly the way I want it yet, 100%.

I currently wired the Liliput to the 12v and a Ground wire from one of the Molex power connectors in the computer. I extended one of these by wiring it up to a 12 pin molex conector coming out of the back of the computer to the front of the car, using 12 gauge wires for all four of the wires. The other 8 Pins are my HDD and Power Leds, Power switch, reset switch and then the 4 power connector wires. These 12 wires all run in 3 different 4 wire cables up to the fron of the Vehicle. I also have a 10 amp fuse that I placed on the 12v and the 5v lines coming out of the back of the computer, just in case. I didn't want to get a short on the way up to the front of my car, 15 feet of wire and not have some type of protection.

I really would like to power the Lilli off the Cig Lighter power, so that I could hook up other items to the Video in, in the future If I wish, without having to have the computer on. This is the only reason, but I don't yet know if this is the Problem or not yet, for sure. I will play with it later tonight to find out.

These forums taught me alot, and I am loving it. The GPS is awesome!

Currently My system is as follows:

Shuttle SN65G2
                            Intel Celeron D 2.4 GHZ 533mhz FSB
                            1 GB PC 800 Memory
                            ATI Radeon 9200 PRO
                            Seagate 7200RPM 120GB 3.5" HD
                            ATI Remote Wonder
                            IFree Wireless RF Mini Keyboard with Track Ball.
                            7" Lilliput Touch Screen Monitor (Mounting box not yet built)
                            USB 2.0 Hub IO/Gear Mini. Powered, but not using as powered yet.
                            USB Rikaline GPS-6010
                            Shuttle PN11 802.11b Wireless LAN Module-mounted into a Radioshack Plastic Kit box with a larger Antenna and External USB cable connection.
                            Windows XP Pro
                            Sony Head Unit with XA-300 Bus In Module. Using USB for audio from computer to HU.
                            Street Atlas 2005
                            750 Watt Power Inverter
                            2000 Yukon Denali
                            Shuttle SN65G2
                            Cel-D 2.4 GHZ 533mhz FSB
                            1GB PC800 Mem
                            Radeon9200 PRO
                            Seagate 120GB
                            ATI Remote
                            RF Mini Kb w/Trk Ball
                            7" Lilliput Touch Screen Monitor
                            USB 2.0 Hub