Help noob with indash screen

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help noob with indash screen

Recently bought LCD screen on ebay... Innovatek 720 (Ebay #5738915026)...

attempting install myself, and plan to use screen for Xbox (already in and working on rear seat screen) and hope to install rearview cam sometime.

It's in the dash ok, but has 4 wires... red for 12v, yellow for ACC, black ground, and green says to go to brake line? The green has me stumped. I get no power to the screen with the other 3 spliced, so obviously I will have to connect the green. Is there a way around this? Is it some relay to prevent watching the screen while in motion? No clue where to find brake wire...

Also wondering how to properly split the video signal to 2 monitors from xbox. Will a rca y adapter work ok?

Thanks for anything you can offer.

i believeeeee the green is supposed to be for the rear view camera? i know for rear view camera what u do is u hook it upto the + on ur reverse lamp so when u put ur car in REVERSE the lamps turn on which also turns the screen on? maybe try it out hope it was a bit of help haha

Comment

Originally posted by xdjxklusivex
      i believeeeee the green is supposed to be for the rear view camera? i know for rear view camera what u do is u hook it upto the + on ur reverse lamp so when u put ur car in REVERSE the lamps turn on which also turns the screen on? maybe try it out hope it was a bit of help haha
      I concur, but have another thought as well. It could be for a connection to the parking brake for some sort of video-kill-while-driving setup...?

-HD

Comment

Originally posted by hd54321
        I concur, but have another thought as well. It could be for a connection to the parking brake for some sort of video-kill-while-driving setup...?

-HD
        I will have to agree with this line of thought...

MANY in dash screens have this ability built in so as to clear the manufacturer from possible legal actions....
        Jan Bennett
        FS: VW MKIV Bezel for 8" Lilliput - 95% Finished

Please post on the forums! Chances are, someone else has or will have the same questions as you!

Comment

Originally posted by hd54321

-HD
          This is true, but does anyone here know how to circumvent that?
          Car Mods
          -no car mods

Comment

The green wire is supposed to be connected to your hand-brake. So the screen will only turn on when the car is stationary and the hand-brake on. Safety precaution

You can get around it. Just ground the wire and it will bypass it. I do it all the time.
            I like stuff :D

Comment

Thanks guys! I'll give it a go tomorrow.

I'm also guessing I'll need a video amp for splitting the signal to 2 monitors... yeah?

Comment

I dont believe you will need to do anything but use Y-connectors on the rca cables to split the video. Its kinda late so I cant really remember, but Im pretty sure Ive done multipul TV setups that way, and I know it's the way I would do it if I were presented with the problem.

In my head:
                RCA cables? Several things that need the same feed? Y-connectors!

Comment

Working...
                X