Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to get to back of headunit

I have a motrorized in dash screen that pops out of the dash

I didnt do the install and I need to get to the connections on the back of it

How do I take it out or get to the back out the HU

I didn't do the install either, so I wouldn't know.
    Just start taking out screws and bolts, mark or write down where they came from and eventually it'll come out.
    AtmosUSA.biz, E-Cig Mods
    "A great smoking alternative"

Comment

What make/model?
      Have: Via Epia M10000 1GHz|512Mb|20Gb|Slim slot-loading DVD-R|Carnetix P1280|RevCam|GPS|Illumíd keyboard|11g Wifi
      Waiting for: Xenarc TFT in-dash (haha!)

Comment

Originally posted by muldrick
        I didn't do the install either, so I wouldn't know.
        Just start taking out screws and bolts, mark or write down where they came from and eventually it'll come out.

lol i can see it now. everything will be off of the dash except for the cd player. hehehe
        I GIVE FREE HUGS!
        Buy Sell or Trade
        If my pm box is full, please feel free to call me any time. 440-328-3382
        Thank you
        Forex
        Rate Mp3car @ FXroot.com

Comment

Dodge Dakota Quad Cab 2001

Comment

Originally posted by nick8197
            Dodge Dakota Quad Cab 2001
            It it fills that 1.5 DIN slot and looks like it's being held in by the dashboard plastic, the dash has to come off. Don't fret, it's easy to get it off. Takes about 5 minutes. There are bolts underneath along that dash panel. Once those are off the top is clipped in, just pull them out.

If the head unit isn't being held in by the dash, it should just be snapped in to it's holder and should be able to be pulled out without any dash issues. So if it's a regular 1 DIN sized HU, just take two 1cm wide metal strips and slide them along the sides of hte HU and it should unclip it to be pulled out. Take a picture of it and 100 people here could tell you exactly what to do.
            Here it is! My carputer install! 1997 BMW M3

Comment

if you're talking about a standard dash with a motorized din-slot/headunit type install, you should get a haynes manual for your car, they tell you how to practically dismantle anything! if it's a full custom job then visit the guys that installed it, it's worth it because you dont want to break anything and end up paying them to put it all back together
              306 CarPC
              • Fibreglassed lcd installed into dash
              • Griffin PowerMate
              • epia 800 512mb sdram
              • MediaEngine
              • MapMonkey

Comment

I know it's an old post but I was wondering if nick8197 was still around or anybody with a Dakota Club Cab or Dakota that has pics of their computer and if they could post them please! Thanks.
                Dak TruckPuter:

Mac: - Researching and Awaiting Funds

Changed to planning for a Mac Mini Trukputer...w3rd.

Comment

Originally posted by Grimey
                  I know it's an old post but I was wondering if nick8197 was still around or anybody with a Dakota Club Cab or Dakota that has pics of their computer and if they could post them please! Thanks.
                  You know you can send PMs through the mp3car forums....
                  Have you looked in the FAQ yet?
                  How about the Wiki?

Under normal circumstances, a signature would go here.

Comment

Originally posted by DarquePervert
                    You know you can send PMs through the mp3car forums....
                    Of course. But it was also a broad statement to anyone with a Dakota and also if he/she is like me I never see private messages until about a week after they arrive. More apt to see it here.
                    Dak TruckPuter:

Mac: - Researching and Awaiting Funds

Changed to planning for a Mac Mini Trukputer...w3rd.

Comment

Working...
                    X