carputer in 2002 Mondeo

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• carputer in 2002 Mondeo

I'm doing some research on how to place a computer in my car. The biggest problem is the location of the LCD screen.
    I would love to keep my OEM radio, but I would also like the lcd worked into the dashboard.

here's a pic of the dash;

Old pic;

Any suggestions? Anyone wanna photoshop the dash with an LCD?
    I would like to place the LCD on top, but what about my airco controls?

omg that car is just begging for an in-dash lcd. Don;t see how you could keep your radio tho.
    Car: 2000 Audi A4 Avant 1.8t
    Carputer 2.0: removed. Back to stock.

Comment

Iím not very knowledgeable in this carputer business (Iím a newbie ), but I would get rid of the stock radio and get an after market radio. I suggest one with RCA inputs in the back, this is to hook up the audio from your carputer to your speakers in your car here is a link with different makes and models http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/show...ight=aux+input . To make it look like stock, check out this LCD screen http://www.digitalww.com/DWW-7VGA.htm
      Ford Expedition XLT 2003
      My Work Log
      Progress 40%

Comment

Tis is a 1 3/4 din radio, I don't have a 2din slot...

Comment

make it fit!!

Comment

do you even need a 2Din slot for In dash??

Comment

Depends on how much you wanna cut that dash

I'd look into removing the air vents in the middle, getting a xenarc head rest mount from mp3car.com and get cracking with the fiberglass...

I don't know how to fiberglass, but will be getting a car stereo installer near me to do it once I've got the time, money and head rest bit.

You built the PC yet?

I did this first... had it as a Home unit until I could afford the monitor!

Chewiee

VW Mk2 Golf GTI 16V:
              Kenwood KDC-W6527 HU
              Silver Travla C134, Slot Loading DVD/CDRW,
              256MB, VIA Epia MII 12000, Carnetix 60W, Xenarc VGA/Composite TS and a GPS Mouse

Comment

Oh one more thing... like the chequerplate (diamond plate) floormats.

They standard on the Mondeo? Or aftermarket. I wanna nice set myself!

Chewiee

VW Mk2 Golf GTI 16V:
                Kenwood KDC-W6527 HU
                Silver Travla C134, Slot Loading DVD/CDRW,
                256MB, VIA Epia MII 12000, Carnetix 60W, Xenarc VGA/Composite TS and a GPS Mouse

Comment

Originally posted by chewiee
                  Oh one more thing... like the chequerplate (diamond plate) floormats.

They standard on the Mondeo? Or aftermarket. I wanna nice set myself!

Chewiee
                  aftermarket

I hate the dashboard layout, If the radio was placed higher, I could replace it with a tft

Comment

Working...
                  X