No announcement yet.

suggestions on power supply (i've read a lot)

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• suggestions on power supply (i've read a lot)

I've been reading about power supplies and I'm still unsure what i need and what all my options are so i am submitting to a newbie question... will someone help me pick a power suppy?

I did the power supply wattage calculator and it said 179 watts.
    I was planning on going with the opus 150 but now i'm not sure what my options are (or if i'm doing something wrong)

Here is what I have:

Mach speed micro atx

1.3 amd athlon

512 pc-2100

--slim/slot dvd-rom
    I can find the link to my slim slot load dvd player but it was like this but dvd:

Soundblaster 5.1 surround card:

80 gb 7200 rpm 3.5

one heatsink/cpu fan, one intake, one exhaust fan, and one other fan to circulate air to the bottom of the case when it gets too hot (my case is built into a cubby hole where the bottom has no inlet for cool air)

--gps mouse/antenna.

Thanks in advance and I'd greately appreciate the help.

New System in progress:
    Phaze TD1500 ~> Dynaudio MD130
    Phaze TD1500 ~> Seas g18rnx/p
    Zapco Ref 500.1 ~ 12" tc-9
    Behringer DCX2496 ~ Envision Electronics psu
    Transflective Xenarc

My Car Pc Install
    My Boat Pc worklog

I did my calculations recently, after I allready had been using my OPus 90W. My calculations came up to something like 140 Watts.
    I'm using a Micro ATX, 1.2 processor,512 Ram, audigy external sound card, usb mouse, usb keyboard, usb GPS, usb 4 port powered hub, a WiFi card and an XMDirect box.
    I'm powered my screen straight from the car.
    Yeah, I know I'm pushing it. I'm just not sure about the calculators, and I think you'd be fine with the Opus 150W, which is what I should have got., E-Cig Mods
    "A great smoking alternative"