touch screens?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• touch screens?

are touch sceens the be all and end all? i dont have that much money to spend on a touch screen (i live in oz an they go for around 800 :S) my question is could i use (https://secure2.vivid-design.com.au/...T&SUBCATID=253) something like that until i could save up more to get a touch sceen i want to have a keyboard and mouse anyway so will this screen work?

It will work, as long as you have a composite output from your motherboard or Graphics card, BUT, you won't be able to read standard size text very easily, if at all because it will be all blurry.

VGA is the way to go.

: Jetway J7F2 1.5Ghz Mainboard : Cubid 3688 : CarNetix CNX-P1260 :
    : Netgear 802.11g PCMCIA : 2 x LinITX 7" Screens :
    : BU353 USB GPS Mouse : Panasonic UJ845 DVDRW :

Comment

Yeah don't waste your money. Wait a month and get the VGA touchscreen they are much much better, you will regret wasting money on a composite screen (or should that be compo****e screen )
      Ford Focus MP3 : www.stevieg.org/carpc Blog Updated 29 January 2009!
      Car PC Status: Complete - Undergoing Software Redevelopment

Comment

Originally posted by nomis
        are touch sceens the be all and end all? i dont have that much money to spend on a touch screen (i live in oz an they go for around 800 :S) my question is could i use (https://secure2.vivid-design.com.au/...T&SUBCATID=253) something like that until i could save up more to get a touch sceen i want to have a keyboard and mouse anyway so will this screen work?
        You're missing the major point behind the screens like the Liliput and Xenarc: They have VGA input. You can get these same screens without touch capability and save a few bucks. It's still not going to be bargain-basement cheap.
        The touchscreen is merely for easy PC control while driving (assuming you're running touch-friendly front end).
        Have you looked in the FAQ yet?
        How about the Wiki?

Under normal circumstances, a signature would go here.

Comment

I started with a touchscreen, and love it. Occasionally, I do need a keyboard or a mouse, but not during average use. Usually just for tweaking settings and the such.

From reading, I think that most people that start with something else, end up with a touch screen eventually, and even then, most touchscreen users end up with something else too. Just what feeling I've gotten over the months though. I maybe full of crap.
          2000 Subaru OBS

Dell P3 @ 900 Mhz
          7" Lilliput TS w/DigitalWW in-dash mount
          80GB External HD

I am Zero Bitrate....

Comment

Working...
          X