ITPS related

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ITPS related

I bought an ITPS now I have a doubt ..I connect the +(white) to the + of the battery ; - (black) to the - of the battery and the red one the ignition can I connect it to the ignition wire of the blaupunkt radio? can they both share the same wire?Do I need a fuse or ITPS provides enough protection, if not..how much intensity should the fuse handle?
    Tnx
    In a world without Gates and Windows there are no fences or walls!!

Originally posted by forevertheuni
    I bought an ITPS now I have a doubt ..I connect the +(white) to the + of the battery ; - (black) to the - of the battery and the red one the ignition can I connect it to the ignition wire of the blaupunkt radio? can they both share the same wire?Do I need a fuse or ITPS provides enough protection, if not..how much intensity should the fuse handle?
    Tnx
    By "ignition" you mean "accessory"? If that is the case then the answer is yes. The accessory wire should already be fused at the fuse box. If you want to add another fuse, use a low amp one, 5 Amps should be plenty. I don't have an extra fuse on mine and works fine.
    Compaq Evo D510 e-PC - P4 2.0 - 512M RAM - 120G 3.5 HD - 7" Xenarc 700TSV - DSATX fitted nicely inside the PC case

Comment

...I don't have the minimal idea about this...what is acessory wire?the one that when the ignition is on give 12V and when the ignition is off doesn't have output(the red wire in ITPS manual).I hope the wire is the same that I have connected do my blaupunkt.The fuse thing was related also to the wire that connects directly to the battery.
      tnx for the help

Comment

Yes. The accessory line is the one that has power only when ignition switch is on accessory or the engine is on, and has no power when the ignition switch is in off position. This wire already has a fuse in the car.
        Compaq Evo D510 e-PC - P4 2.0 - 512M RAM - 120G 3.5 HD - 7" Xenarc 700TSV - DSATX fitted nicely inside the PC case

Comment

yes, you can use the switched line that is going to your head unit. basically, it's just there to turn it on, so any line that can provide 12v at some ridiculously low amperage should be fine, so long as it turns on only when the ignition is on. this line is usually called accessory line, but sometimes it's called ignition, switched, etc.
          "Is Wayne Brady gonna have to choke a b@$#*??!!"

Comment

Yes, you can share the same wire for both your ITPS (red wire) and the accessory/ignition of your Blaupunk radio.

And the ITPS has a resettable internal fuse so I don't think you need to have an extra fuse. For more info on ITPS, visit its section on http://www.mini-box.com.
            EPIA Nehemiah M10k, M1-ATX, 20GB 4200 RPM 2.5", 256MB RAM, Win XP Home, Gyration RF Keyboard & Mouse, Zoltrix Nightingale Optical 4.1 PCI Sound Card, Lilliput 619GL-70NP, XM-PCR w/ optical upgrade, Garmin GPS-25LVS, Microsoft MN-710 USB Wireless NIC

Comment

Thank u guys I needed to be sure...didn't want to blow everything up!!

Comment

Originally posted by edikp
                And the ITPS has a resettable internal fuse so I don't think you need to have an extra fuse. For more info on ITPS, visit its section on http://www.mini-box.com.
                I'd be careful on that one. I once had a powered subwoofer that had the fuse right next to the sub. The power line running to the battery had not one fuse on it near the battery. Long story short, the power line shorted out on a sharp piece of metal (body) and I had a nice glowing 8 gauge wire. Burned through half of my engine cavity. BAD. So fuses as close to the power source as possible are the only way to go as far as I'm concerned...

If you end up using the switched line to your headunit, it' already fused at the fuse box, so no real need for another fuse where you tap into the switched line.
                "Is Wayne Brady gonna have to choke a b@$#*??!!"

Comment

Originally posted by gubon13
                  I'd be careful on that one. I once had a powered subwoofer that had the fuse right next to the sub. The power line running to the battery had not one fuse on it near the battery. Long story short, the power line shorted out on a sharp piece of metal (body) and I had a nice glowing 8 gauge wire. Burned through half of my engine cavity. BAD. So fuses as close to the power source as possible are the only way to go as far as I'm concerned...

If you end up using the switched line to your headunit, it' already fused at the fuse box, so no real need for another fuse where you tap into the switched line.
                  Nor did I say neither imply for him to be careless. Anytime you plan to work on electrical circuits you need to assess your environment prior to doing your work. That's why I gave him the link to mini-box to find out more about the ITPS.
                  EPIA Nehemiah M10k, M1-ATX, 20GB 4200 RPM 2.5", 256MB RAM, Win XP Home, Gyration RF Keyboard & Mouse, Zoltrix Nightingale Optical 4.1 PCI Sound Card, Lilliput 619GL-70NP, XM-PCR w/ optical upgrade, Garmin GPS-25LVS, Microsoft MN-710 USB Wireless NIC

Comment

Working...
                  X