Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Whats this connector called?? (see pic inside)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Whats this connector called?? (see pic inside)

Whats this plastic connector called and where can you get them (preferably already with cables and plastic connector on each side.)

This is a pic I found on the site- mine only has 9 wires.

need to get a male to male cable to cut in middle and extend

Looks like some kind of Molex connector. Give digikey.com or mouser.com a browse. I don't know if they have branches in UK but hopefully you could find it's name/model number/manufacturer on those sites.
    EPIA Nehemiah M10k, M1-ATX, 20GB 4200 RPM 2.5", 256MB RAM, Win XP Home, Gyration RF Keyboard & Mouse, Zoltrix Nightingale Optical 4.1 PCI Sound Card, Lilliput 619GL-70NP, XM-PCR w/ optical upgrade, Garmin GPS-25LVS, Microsoft MN-710 USB Wireless NIC

Comment

MOLEX PLUG!!!

not sure about places in your neck of the woods, but most electrical retail stores will have them....an electrical contractors store should have them too....
      Jan Bennett
      FS: VW MKIV Bezel for 8" Lilliput - 95% Finished

Please post on the forums! Chances are, someone else has or will have the same questions as you!

Comment

Try farnell or cpc, they are in the UK.

Comment

Originally posted by organasised
          Whats this plastic connector called and where can you get them (preferably already with cables and plastic connector on each side.)

This is a pic I found on the site- mine only has 9 wires.

need to get a male to male cable to cut in middle and extend

did someone break their xbox mod chip? or is it for your lcd?
          steven n

95 Saturn SC1
          Alpine 9831 + Blaupunkt SR04
          Stereo Integrity 327 Comps + MTX 4244
          Resonant Engineering XXX 18 D2 + Elemental Designs Nine.1 + 7.5ft^3 tuned to ~29Hz

Carputer Progress: Rethinking, box has consumed my trunk

Comment

That could also be a friction-lock connector. What's the other end look like? This or this or maybe this (probably not)?

Comment

That looks like the kind of miniature connector you mostly find inside laptops and disk drives, smaller than the 0.1" and 0.156" Molex connectors we know and love. Measure the pitch of the connector (distance between contacts, center-to-center)(usually some roundish number in metric, like 1 mm, 1.25 mm, 2mm), and hopefully that'll correspond to a connector style made by Hirose Electric Limited (carried by Digikey). You can download their catalog here: http://www.hirose-connectors.com/catalog/index.htm

Comment

Many thanks for all the replies!!

Its the lead from my laptop to its screen (to the display adapter) Wanna get one and extend with a quick release plug on dash and under seat so can seperate and velcro the screen to boot when in use and clip back onto the laptop when not in car for home use.

Will follow your leads to get one

The other lead to lcd may prove more tricky as its a 5 wire flat cable (starts off round with stick tape type stuff around it and then gets flat in film when reaches behind screen) supplied by Samsung but its a laptop made by another company so Samsung don`t sell the cable anymore- terrified of screwing that one up!! (will post pics of that too) Has a metal push in plug one side and the flat part has a thin connector which slides into the laptop part.

Comment

Working...
                X