???What wrong here????

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ???What wrong here????

hi guys, need your help with my instal...
    i've been around this forum for a while but yet this is my first post...

i've just recieve my destinator3 s/w today, but cant seem to get it to work..

my install so far Sortware: XP pro, mediacar191, destinator3
    epia800mhz, 20gigHD, 256mb ram, lilliput7"
    and BU303 GPS mouse.
    when i atempt to use it i get: err no. 429, activeX component cant create object, debug info:mediacar.frm_destinator_gps.form_activate...

i assume this is to do with activation... but when i tried, it's says something like cannot dectect mobile device, but the i only want to use it on my car pc..

i have my activation and license key, so what do i do ????

xtn

Destinator 3 is only for the PDA, not for the PC. You can use the maps from your PPC version but you will need the SDK from powerloc to be able to use it on your PC. Theres alot of posts about this, and also about the required DLL you may need. Have a search around.

CdR
    Follow me on Twitter

http://www.FreeICE.co.uk

Comment

thanx CdRsKull, am gonna have a look into this now????

xtn

Comment

av done some sniffing around and av got a question, is the dll file in question dest.dll??? and also can i use can i use NM D3 front end as sdk???

xtn

Comment

This isn't the forum to discuss illegally using commercial softare.
          Have you looked in the FAQ yet?
          How about the Wiki?

Under normal circumstances, a signature would go here.

Comment

Originally posted by DarquePervert
            So how come it's been discussed many, many times since last October?
            Laidback

The ultimate CarPC - Wow!

Comment

Originally posted by DarquePervert
              for your info m8, av got a legit copy of the software, activation and license keys, but like most ppl on this forum, getting frustrated with not been able to use it on PC... if av paid for it, am sure i can use it as i want so long as am not making illegal copies, so how can that be illedal using of commercial software?????????????
              if you cant help fine but dont go down that road....

xtn

Comment

I think what he is referring to is that in order to get Ninja Monkey's skin to work, you also have to purchase the SDK (Software Development Kit) from PowerLoc before you will be able to successfully use the software on your PC. I believe it costs somewhere around $50 extra over and above the purchase price of the software.
                2005 Black Chevy Impala
                Current Status: Installed in Vehicle/Testing 75%

Comment

But then again, if you search around, you can find a modified dll you can use to test everything with full functionality for as long as you wish, just to check if you're willing to pay that extra $50
                  List of front-ends/usefull apps
                  XTroniC | XTroniC Direct

Comment

i have sent them(destinator europe) an e-mail of a link to down load the SDK as i read some thread in the forum that it was sent when requested, not sure if it's free though...
                    @jc-s60: i have the dest.dll but dont know where to put it, i just wish PowerLoc would do something about this and let us have what we want rather than forcing us to although having a legit copy, still seeking a cracked copy of SDK.
                    xtn

Comment

Working...
                    X