Head Unit with Memory Card slot?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Head Unit with Memory Card slot?

Just a simple Q from a green-faced newbie: Are there Head Units out there that have a memory card slot to take CF or other cards? With the dropping prices of 1Gb+ mem cards that would give me a system with no moving parts.

Since I spend a lot of time in the Arabian desert, the issue of no moving parts is pretty important to me...!

Did but nothing came up...

Thx guys&gals,
    Bjorn
    just kicking off...

search for a via mobo with compact flash slot they do exist, just dont call it a head unit.....
    look for threads on solid state devices
    I think you will still end up with a hdd
    Nano ITX / 512 MB / 60 GB / Panasonic slot load / M1-ATX / Bu303 / Sound blaster 24 / PPi amps / rockford sub

Comment

If you truly are looking for a "headunit", I think thsome of the very high end Sony units have an MS slot, but don't quote me on this. Peace, Rafster
      Post # 3000

Comment

Hmm guess I was really hoping there would be a "traditional" Head Unit out there with a memory slot.

So I guess if no-one here know of such a unit nobody brought it out yet...bummer...
        Bjorn
        just kicking off...

Comment

if you don't want a computer-based rigging, I think a head unit with auxillary input and this should do nicely.

you know, I think I might buy one of those myself.
          softmodded xbox, PSOne screen, inverter. simple and effective. Combine with PDA and head unit with aux input, and we're having a wonderful time.

Comment

I have seen a few with a SecureDigital slot ... but I believe that it is mainly used as a security key..

Comment

I have seen sony's with a memory stick, but beyond that i've never seen a HU with a compact flash slot.
              肚子笑痛了
              S60 Install

Comment

I did some searching, and also found this. I'm not sure if it would fit in the slot and still be able to put CF cards into it, but that and the link I posted earlier combined should give you a relatively cheap CF mp3 player.
                softmodded xbox, PSOne screen, inverter. simple and effective. Combine with PDA and head unit with aux input, and we're having a wonderful time.

Comment

A friend of mine has a Blaupunkt unit that reads MMC.
                  He bought it ~1 year ago; the current Blaupunkt homepage does not mention MMC.

Comment

hey yalborap think ur onto something there...thx
                    Bjorn
                    just kicking off...

Comment

no problem. I'm always happy to help out someone.

you might also want to get a USB extension cable, though. there's no way to know if it'll fit in the unit itself, after all.

Comment

Yea but I thought there was a cable that will take the audio output from the mp3 player and straight into the aux of my (to buy soon) HU?
                        Bjorn
                        just kicking off...

Comment

While browsing I also found this with upto 1Gb added mem capacity - kinda kewl..!
                          Bjorn
                          just kicking off...

Comment

Originally posted by Bjorn
                            Yea but I thought there was a cable that will take the audio output from the mp3 player and straight into the aux of my (to buy soon) HU?

oh, there is. most head units I've seen, you just plug a male-male headphone cord into it and the mp3 player, and it works. I just meant in case the card reader, or anything else you might use doesn't fit.

Comment

my Eclipse CD8454 uses Memory Stick for both security and playing songs (although ive never used the stick to play MP3...so i dont know how it works all too much).
                              Mazdaspeed Car Computer
                              gotta redo it all

Comment

Working...
                              X