Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

will my carputer audio work threw my alpine?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• will my carputer audio work threw my alpine?

Going to install carputer very soon but i still have one situation not figured out yet?! I have an alpine cd deck(CDA-9811) that i want to keep for AM/FM and as a way to control the audio coming from the carputer to the amps and speakers. It has an input for a changer control so is there a way to get the audio out put jack on the back of the built in sound board to work threw the cd deck? If any one has any ideas of how to do this or knows of a better way that will not be way to expensive please help me out.

PS I love this site, lots of good info and helpfull people!

what im looking to do for the hook up

carputer-----alpine deck------amps----speakers

Hi I used to have the same problem has you, I resolved it by getting a new head unit with Line-In. But this isnt what you want. I used to have a similar alpine player, on the back of your deck there is a female adapter.

The female adapter is called : M-BUS.

Anyways on the internet you can get a M-Bus to Rca Connecter. On one end its the M-Bus Male connector and on the other end its 2 rca connectors.

You can look it up on google they'r between 10 and 20 dollars.

Here is a site with the cable (you can find a better deal, I just took the first site I saw so you can see what it looks like).

http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_2082.html

Comment

Acutally, since the head unit is designated CDA, it uses Ai-NET protocal, requiring an Ai-net adapter, NOT an M-BUS. You want this http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_2081.html instead. However, if I was you I'd wait and see how the computer to Ai-NEt interface that someone on here is working on pans out.

Comment

Oops, sorry I thought it was tda... not cda

Comment

thanks guys. ill look into the adapter listed above. About the project that may pan out do you have a link to it and what is the finalization of it going to be. I would like to get every thing in the car and hooked up in the next few weeks
          *edite* just looked in the manual and man you guys are good. yes its a Ai-NET cable. Ill call around localy to see if any one has them if not ill buy it from the link above.

Next question if any one has done this before does it sound just as good as cd in the deck unit??

Comment

it all depends on the sound card/on board audio that you use.....onboard audio won't sound as good as a good sound card...but it's all dependent on your audio system in the car
            Jan Bennett
            FS: VW MKIV Bezel for 8" Lilliput - 95% Finished

Please post on the forums! Chances are, someone else has or will have the same questions as you!

Comment

just got off the phone with car toys they have one left.. im off to pick it up and its only $20!! Ill try the sound car thats on my mini itx board and if i dont like it then ill just upgrade i suppose.

Comment

that's probably your best bet!
                Jan Bennett
                FS: VW MKIV Bezel for 8" Lilliput - 95% Finished

Please post on the forums! Chances are, someone else has or will have the same questions as you!

Comment

Working...
                X