A couple Newb questions

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A couple Newb questions

I just finished installing my carputer into my Jeep. The system is an Epia M1000, 7" Zenarc, WinXP w/ minlogon, I'm justs tarting to look at frontends, I'm currently using FrodoPlayer. I have the hardware to move it onto CF however I'm still reasearching and reading about EWF, nLite...

After installing minlogon I can't shutdown the PC by using the power button? Is this normal, is there a fix?

I'm looking for 2 cameras. The first is a rear view cam, the second would be a front bumper cam for capturing movies when I'm on the trail. Both cameras would be mounted external and would be subject to harsh great lakes winters, lots of salt slush and cold temps. For a rearview I was thinking a small CCD directly to the Zenarc, for the front I was thinking about a webcam. I'd coat both in epoxy to waterproof them. How well should I expect the cameras to stay in focus? ANyone out there done something similar, if so how well did it work? Thanks for any help.

Originally posted by sevise
    I just finished installing my carputer into my Jeep. The system is an Epia M1000, 7" Zenarc, WinXP w/ minlogon, I'm justs tarting to look at frontends, I'm currently using FrodoPlayer. I have the hardware to move it onto CF however I'm still reasearching and reading about EWF, nLite...

After installing minlogon I can't shutdown the PC by using the power button? Is this normal, is there a fix?

I'm looking for 2 cameras. The first is a rear view cam, the second would be a front bumper cam for capturing movies when I'm on the trail. Both cameras would be mounted external and would be subject to harsh great lakes winters, lots of salt slush and cold temps. For a rearview I was thinking a small CCD directly to the Zenarc, for the front I was thinking about a webcam. I'd coat both in epoxy to waterproof them. How well should I expect the cameras to stay in focus? ANyone out there done something similar, if so how well did it work? Thanks for any help.

For the minlogon question, check in Software>OS Optimization. I did not have that problem with minlogon but I did read a thread about it by someone that did have the problem.

If you're going to be using external cameras you might want to look at purpose built ones suitable for motorsport etc.

http://www.demon-tweeks.co.uk/catalo...CODE=SPPSCV-S1

Speed products S1 Video system is built for this kind of thing, and you can buy proper mounts for it, replacement glass fronts for the lens etc.
    Ford Focus MP3 : www.stevieg.org/carpc Blog Updated 29 January 2009!
    Car PC Status: Complete - Undergoing Software Redevelopment

Comment

What kinda Jeep did you put your carputer in?

Comment

Originally posted by RaVEWHQ
        What kinda Jeep did you put your carputer in?
        A Ford Focus
        Ford Focus MP3 : www.stevieg.org/carpc Blog Updated 29 January 2009!
        Car PC Status: Complete - Undergoing Software Redevelopment

Comment

Have you looked in the FAQ yet?
          How about the Wiki?

Under normal circumstances, a signature would go here.

Comment

Working...
          X