Fm tuner

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fm tuner

Ok I got my computer installed - GPS, Xm radio and want my FM radio. I have a hauppauge usb pvr. I got it to work with radiator. My problem is that when I turn off the car the power to the tuner goes off so whe I turn the car back on, the computer tries to find new hardware and it gets all messed up and doesn't work. I dont really want to keep it on all the time( besides the inverter causes alot of noise in the system). Anyone know how to fix this? Is there another USB tuner that uses the port power and not AC or DC?

Check This thread . It should be worth the wait. None of the usb radios on the market truely work well in the automobile.

Comment

which model of the hauppauge USB pvr do you have?
      AMD 1700 & Abit VA-10 w/ 512Mb PC3200 Corsair Ram
      60GB 7200rpm HD - Opus 150W PS - Lilliput 7" TS
      Panasonic Slot DVD - SD Audigy NX 2
      Phoenix Gold 5.1 MT Amp - 2 USB Hubs
      Hauppauge WinTv USB2 - Holux GPS - Belkin Bluetooth

Comment

Thanks for the link. Might wait for that. And I have the Wintv-pvr usb2 model 941.

Comment

Something isn't right if it is looking for drivers every time. If you make sure that the PC shuts down and boots up properly it shouldn't have that issue.

As for the invertor humm, there is no way around it really. I suggest getting rid of it and putting in the ITPS with a decent DC-DC ps or get an Opus/Carnetix all in one PS.

brent
          1999 Nissan SE-L - turbo toy
          1993 Nissan NX - Turbo Racer

Standalone fuel management (AEM EMS) on both
          carPC

Comment

you have the WinTV PVR USB2? What dll did you use to get it to work with radiator? I couldn't get mine to work correctly.

Comment

Originally posted by ketchup318
              you have the WinTV PVR USB2? What dll did you use to get it to work with radiator? I couldn't get mine to work correctly.

Well, it's not quite correctly. I used the 8x8wdmfm dll. In the settings check the open an external application. Than I always have the WinTV radio program running. The radiator and frodo program will control it. Just run it minimized. It wont interfere with the other programs because either one of those mutes the line when not in use. I know it's not the correct way but it works. Let me know how it works for you and if you have anymore questions.

Comment

well thanks for the info, i'll try that... i've also noticed that my WinTV doesn't work after hibernation ( i assume that's what you are talking about). What i found work was close the winTV radio and then restart it. usually that works fine and i have radio again, but every once in a while i have to do a full restart.

Comment

huh? you guys are saying that im gonna get a hum from my sound card becasue of my DC->AC inverter when i get this all hooked up?

is there any way around it besudes a DC->DC inverter?

Comment

Working...
                  X