Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Slimline DVD adapter

Hi there,

I'm gettin a slimlive dvd for use with my car pc. However I want to fit the dvd player to the dash and the pc is in the boot can any1 tell me where i can get a cable to connect the two or any ideas on how to do it. Have read about slimline to IDE adapters but the cable are only like 50 CM. From the looks of it i need about 7ft.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Usb
    Signature: [==||========] 20% complete

Comment

what buy a usb dvd drive? I'm not sure what you mean?

Comment

Hi.

As mentioned above you should use USB or maybe firewire. What I've used is the "laptop 2 standard IDE converter" and then this IDE2USB adapter. And then you just connect the adapter to a USB extension cord...

Hope this helps

Comment

Thanks thats cool but i did not want another powered device to have to link in. Which is why i wanted to use the IDE coz that draws its power from the pc.

Comment

no it dosent, ide dosent provide power

Comment

are there no drive on the market that can be powered via usb?

Comment

i think you will find cd/dvd drives will draw more power than a usb plug will provide, it can be done with HDDs but not CD drives AFAIK. there was some discussion recently about using 2 usb ports for power or something tho, i cant remember

Comment

yea i found one it was a holder that sent data by USB and power though PS2. does any1 know where that adapter

Comment

Working...
                  X