GPS in my carpc

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GPS in my carpc

Okay I'm a new at this so... First I searched and search for this so please no "search and you shall find" messages. So my question is this... I got my self a 2005 Peterbilt semi (nice truck) and I'm putting in a pc to control logs, mp3s and upmost gps navagation. For a gps att I got a nice mirror mount setup but how do I wire the gps to my computer? I've seen those OEM gps recivers but how do those wire to my pc? Lastly, what is everyone recomendation for software for a OTR trucker? THANKS!

Might at well add another question before I proably get flamed... What would everyone recomend for wifi card w/ an external att port? I got myself a wifi mirror mount att too. (btw right now I got a gps att, wifi att, 2 cell phone atts, cb and am/fm att on my mirror)

Comment

most of today's GPS will connect(wire) to pc via USB cable.
      •Micke

Comment

routing software for OTR has some special needs that are not likely to be present in 'common' comercial software. The software that takes into account over pass height, weight limits, turn radius, etc.. is big money from what i've found (my wife's father is OTR and had similar needs/request). I'll chat w/ him and see what he's using now.

If you can do w/o the spec.needs of OTR.. i'm a huge fan of iGuidance
        •Micke

Comment

anyone else have anything to say?

Comment

Working...
          X