What do you think is the best mobo and why

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What do you think is the best mobo and why

Everyone has opinions, and I want to hear yours.
    What do you think is the best main board and why.
    Ive looked at the chart and I have been looking around on the net now its time to hear from those who have the boards and pcs.

thanks
    Project [Ω---------] - 1% Early Planning

~Guilty by design shes nothing more than fiction, but she dreams in digital cause its beter than nothing~

the best you say.......well, if cost isn't a primary concern I would definately recomend a low power/low heat mobile processor, the via's are a little anemic, the p4's are power hungry hot running waist of time. Two of the biggest problems with a pc in a car are temp.s & powering it, unless you want an inefficient inverter i would definately recommend a low power design.... my favorite is the intel pentium m donthan processor,as powerful as a p4 with less than half the power req. & much much less heat(wasted energy) but the athalon MOBILE isn't a bad choice either.........

I won't recommend anything specific because it depends on your system design, budget & features required, but I hope this gets you off to a good start.....
    MY NEWEST INSTALL:modded infiniti fx with big screen

first windows carpc install........my liquid cooled LVDS screen :D

Comment

The best starting board, or the best-of-the-best?
      Leo

http://www.talkaudio.co.uk

A million people can't be wrong, right?

Well... unless they're all from the red states...

Comment

recomendation

I've been doing this for a while and been through a million situations and had a million peices of hardware. By far the most felxable system board with so many built in features is the VIA EPIA MII 10000.

When looking at this as a hobby you want to think about expandibility and things that might not be in your designs just yet but may be in the future. I'm actually using almost every special feature of the via epia MII and couldnt picture a "complete" system w/o some of those features
        Progress [I will seriously never be done!]
        Via EPIA MII
        512MB RAM
        OEM GPS (embedded)
        nLite WinXP pro on
        1GB Extreme III CF card
        Carnetix 1260 startup/ DC-DC regulator
        Software: Still, re-Writing my existing front end in .Net

Comment

Originally posted by LeoTheHamster
          The best starting board, or the best-of-the-best?
          both or either I just want to hear what everyone thinks and why
          Project [Ω---------] - 1% Early Planning

~Guilty by design shes nothing more than fiction, but she dreams in digital cause its beter than nothing~

Comment

Working...
          X