No announcement yet.

Please help! - this is driving me mad!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please help! - this is driving me mad!

Hi all,
    I thought this would be a nice easy little thing to setup, HOW WRONG WAS I!

Here's a list of whats installed at the moment.

Toshiba SA60-302 - Laptop
    Lilliput 8" Touch screen - hard wired into the ignition curcit
    Haicom Universal Laptop Car Charger - Cig Ligher Socket
    Jack>RCA>Alpine Head Unit

I'm having to use extension cables on the USB and VGA leads.

The problem I've got is...

When the laptop is plugged into the car charger I get interference on the screen, and the USB stops working and I get the error "unknown usb device".

When the laptop is running off of battery everything is exactly how I want. I have tried this car charger and a 240v inverter which i used first and thought it might just be the big change of voltage.

Any suggestions of how I can work around this would be great!

sounds like you just aren't getting enough juice...or that there is some interference when plugging directly into the car.....

anyone else?
    Jan Bennett
    FS: VW MKIV Bezel for 8" Lilliput - 95% Finished

Please post on the forums! Chances are, someone else has or will have the same questions as you!

Comment

did it work ok on the inveter and mains charger?

Could be the ciggy lighter causing problems - try wiring direct to the battery

Comment

ok - well i have now removed everything from the car as I stopped getting a USB conection all together.

Now plugging all the stuff into mains 240v using all the right cables I have NO usb at all. Looks as if whatever was causing a problem has killed something in the screen.

I get a picture thru the VGA, none of my pc's even register that there is a usb cable being plugged in.

Comment

just been reading about other problems with these monitors, in your opinion have I killed it, or has it killed itself?

Comment

Working...
          X