Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

sorry im a noob need help on audio

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • sorry im a noob need help on audio

    i was wondering if i can do sound card to amp ,power the speakers? or do i need to use a car deck? if i can do both which is better for sound plus subs?

  • #2
    in the newbie section... http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=32430
    PowerVoice v1 | NaviVoice Source
    GammaControl v2.4
    SKINbedder v3

    1995 Lexus SC300

    Comment


    • #3
      thanks alot and one more question which is better for sound quality? using a head unit or not using one?

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by eclivia
        thanks alot and one more question which is better for sound quality? using a head unit or not using one?
        Without. With a headunit, you need to run more wires. More wires will slightly reduce sound quality. People usually run headunits becaue they either want am/fm, or because they bought one before going with a carputer. Now a sound processor is different, that will improve sound quality, but they are $$$.
        PowerVoice v1 | NaviVoice Source
        GammaControl v2.4
        SKINbedder v3

        1995 Lexus SC300

        Comment


        • #5
          going with a good headunit is an option, if you have the room and the patients to deal with it....AND the carputer...

          I chose not to run a head unit at all...it just gives my project/car a little edge on all the others out there, and it was a personal thing...I wanted to see if I could make it so that it all integrated nicely into the OEM look AND would win in sound quality competitions....so far I have been successful at both...

          there are some people out there who just can't live without a regular head unit...

          it's all up to you really...

          as for the quality of sound....that all depends on your sound card really, if the sound card sucks, then nothing after it will sound any better. If the sound card rocks, then you will need the rest of the system to be able to back it up...amps, speakers, etc...

          same with a head unit....if the hu sucks then it doesn't matter what's behind it.....
          Jan Bennett
          FS: VW MKIV Bezel for 8" Lilliput - 95% Finished

          Please post on the forums! Chances are, someone else has or will have the same questions as you!

          Comment


          • #6
            I think that a headunit will have advantages in that...
            1) A person riding with you wants to listen to a CD they have you pop it in
            2) Easy volume control, not having to use the computer, or installing another volume knob.
            3) AM/FM radio is easy, and if you carputer takes a minute to warm up you get imediate sound form the HU.

            But I like the idea of using a sound processor, but I will not in my first attempt b/c I don't want to spend (well my wife doesn't) more than I have too :P
            My Install

            Comment


            • #7
              or

              Originally posted by sxott
              I think that a headunit will have advantages in that...
              1) A person riding with you wants to listen to a CD they have you pop it in
              2) Easy volume control, not having to use the computer, or installing another volume knob.
              3) AM/FM radio is easy, and if you carputer takes a minute to warm up you get imediate sound form the HU.

              But I like the idea of using a sound processor, but I will not in my first attempt b/c I don't want to spend (well my wife doesn't) more than I have too :P

              playing devil's advocate . . .

              1) a person riding with you wants to pop a cd in is ok if your setup has your drive accessible from the cab, besides my passengers no to never touch my radio!! except for my girl friend

              2)volume thru the right program isnt tough to manage imo, ie frodo player + touch screen isnt a big deal to me

              3) am/fm is also easy thru frodo whether or radio shark or whatever. and if your computer starts up slow and you want instant music, then i guess your best option would be to keep your headunit, but thats a lame reason to keep it : ) especially if your engine is SWEET
              Go on and do it, do it, Do it 'til you're satisfied,
              Whatever it is, do it, Do it 'til you're satisfied.



              CarPc progress |OOOOXCOOOO| 57%

              Comment


              • #8
                ok just say i have the SB audigy 4 pro and have a nice *** HU, which would sound better? also i have 2 12 inch in the back,

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by ltrain1007
                  3) am/fm is also easy thru frodo whether or radio shark or whatever. and if your computer starts up slow and you want instant music, then i guess your best option would be to keep your headunit, but thats a lame reason to keep it : ) especially if your engine is SWEET
                  AM is not supported with Frodo. FM support isn't great. That's why there is the AM/FM project
                  PowerVoice v1 | NaviVoice Source
                  GammaControl v2.4
                  SKINbedder v3

                  1995 Lexus SC300

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    cool

                    i must admit i didnt actually use the frodo radio, i just use the external feature with radio shark, so sorry for assuming that it worked great
                    Go on and do it, do it, Do it 'til you're satisfied,
                    Whatever it is, do it, Do it 'til you're satisfied.



                    CarPc progress |OOOOXCOOOO| 57%

                    Comment

                    Working...
                    X